Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What can I and Cant i carry on taking in pregnancy ?

I used to take chitosan with my sway but obviously assume i need to stop this now im pregnant ?

Ive also stopped drinking crystal light - should i cut down the amount of diet coke i drink too ?

I am obviously still taking folic acid and am weaning off baby aspirin. I am going to start taking my acidophius or whatever its called and am taking a penatal called pregnacare original which has 19 vitamins and minerals in it.

Is there anything else i can take that would help ?

Also i have a stash of peppermint tea - i guess i cant drink this either ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I don't know much about the supps but can tell you that when I was pregnant with DS, the first thing my Dr told me is to cut off any drinks/meals which were light or diet as they contain aspartame or sweeteners. These are all bad for our babies and the smaller they are the bigger the aspartame can harm. We are supposed to get only a little amount of aspartame and this according to our body weight. So a 1gram of aspartame for an adult may not be very harmful but the same amount on such a tiny fetus can be very harmful, so I would avoid that completely.
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would cut out diet coke. Obviously we were on different supps because we swayed opposite so for me i just take prenatal and fish oil now that im pregnant. Im not sure about pepermint tea, is it because of caffien that you think its on the no list? I would have thought any herbal tea is fine.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Peppermint tea is like my saviour while preg. Really helps with any tummy aches. I drink one before bed almost every night lol I talked to my doc last time, peppermint tea is fine as its a mild herbal tea!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.