Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @aroundtheworld

How exiting that you're planning a twin homebirth! In nl twinbirths are 'high risk' and mw are not allowed to guide these pregnancies and births. Here you'll be under the supervision of an OB.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My midwife gave me the usual speil about staff shortages etc etc but she knows i wont back down so im all registered for my homebirth and will soon start looking for a doula. I cant use the old one who is a midwife as she works for the NHS not privately
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mum23boys- staff shortages? sounds complicated the mw i chose only takes max 4 moms a month. my other mw that doesn't serve my area anymore took way more than that and it's just get's to be a lil like an ob office lol.

bigwish- wow 25% great number in the US it is only around 1% and of course our c-sec rates are around 35% and who knows the rates on epi and other interventions-
    crazy that you have such a high rate for hb but do not allow twins. what about breech?

and I def. would rec. hb for 1st birth as here many women get stuck in a bad situation in hossy and get a c-sec and then are told they have to have repeat c-sec for next children. I actually tried to have my 1st at home but by the time i tried it was too late to change my ins. and did not have a penny to pay oop for one back then. luckily i labored at home as long as possible and ignored medical staff on things i knew were not necessary. we do not have many nurse midwives(mw's that work in hospitals) and if we do they still have to follow docs orders so not the same as hb mw's here.
    Last edited by Atsaukina1; January 27th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Its A Girl!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love a home birth as had ds1 in hospital in 3 hrs 45 mins and ds2 in hospital again in 1 hour 30 minutes. I am scared that this one will be even quicker and the midwife won't get there in time whereas I can be at the hospital in 10 minutes.

In the UK, the Nhs send you 2 midwives who you likely won't have met before and get no choice on. The staff shortages exist because they would rather have you in hospital as they can look after 5 women at once!!
    - January 2008, - March 2010 - my royal baby July 2013

Hoping for a at some point, still weighing up HT or swaying.....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atsaukina1,
    Sorry for me being unclear. The reason that i don't recommend hb for first child is that in the netherlands of those who wish to labour at home, 50% will eventually give birth in hospital. So chances younhave to go to the hospital are high with the first one. With the second child this number drops to around 25%...

Twins, breeching, previous c-sections, high bmi, pre-eclampsia are all gathered under 'high risk pregnancies' and automatically referred to an OB. The safety of our child labour care is based on adequate risk selection of primary care midwifes. Almost everyone starts with a primary care midwife. When becomimg high risk you'll be referred to the ob, otherwise you'll give birth at home or in a inpatient clinic with your own primary care midwifes.

But times are changing as there are really emotional discussions about the safety of our system... As a result more and more women are delivering in hospital. C-section raised from around 8% ten years ago to 14%.

Homebirths 30 years ago was 70!!!

Did you know that the canadian system is based on ours? I think medicaliztion isn't the answer to perinatal deaths... It increases the number of c-section and other interventions indeed, i think...

Fear, or actually faith is the key: faith in your body that it is able to give birth to a child. Fear is the greatest risk factor for complications as adrenaline will undermine all the good hormones that come with birthing...
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeoneday View Post
    I would love a home birth as had ds1 in hospital in 3 hrs 45 mins and ds2 in hospital again in 1 hour 30 minutes. I am scared that this one will be even quicker and the midwife won't get there in time whereas I can be at the hospital in 10 minutes.

In the UK, the Nhs send you 2 midwives who you likely won't have met before and get no choice on. The staff shortages exist because they would rather have you in hospital as they can look after 5 women at once!!
    Just remember, really quick births are almost all the once without any complications. Hope the mw will be in time though
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was never keen on a home birth when preggie with ds1 and ds2 but ds2 came really quick and i then spent 3hrs in hospital just cause they were filling in forms ;-(

my DH isn't that keen on the idea - anyone any tips to convince him?

Also would like a water birth this time as tearing last time quiet bad can you use a big corner bath or would i really need to hire a pool?????

thanks for your thought ladies xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry your husband is not on board- I never had to convince dh and he knew I was not comfortable at all going back to the hossy. I just could not do it. Maybe watching movie like "business of being born" "pregnant in america"(even though you are not here lol you can see our crazy system)) speak w/ a mw-
    as for tearing some women tear but usually it si due to hard pushing that hospitals and all those lovely baby shows do. breathing baby down and being in a better postion will help that. I have never tore but my water birth I didn't feel the "ring of fire" and it just felt a lot easier. Lots of people use their big bath or kiddie pools. Some mw's have their own pools to rent. I bought one and then rented it out to other moms to earn my $$ back and still have for this birth so got my $200 worth
    good luck
    if you do go back to hossy can't you pre-register so you don't have to fill out papers when you get there
    Last edited by Atsaukina1; January 30th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband was SOOOOOOOOOOO against a homebirth with ds2 thats why i ended up in hospital - with ds 3 he had no choice ..... i found that by finding a midwife that was really all for homebirth and having her speak to him made such a difference - It would seem that me telling him hoe safe it is - me showing him research on the internet etc he still just didnt seem to believe it - as soon as that info came from a professional person associated with birth it made a whole load of difference and out his mind at ease - he was still not all for it but agreed to it and you know what - You ask him now and its the best thing in the world - he has talked 2 of his friends into having a homebirth and even a man he doesnt know called him up to ask about it as had heard how against it he was and wanted to know why he changed his mind etc and they are now on their 2nd homebirth and he says he doesnt know wy he ever worried - This time when i asked hubby what he thought we should do he said "well thats a no brainer Ill get the pizza menu ready ! " thats a running joke as after birth we snuggled in bed the 3 of us and had pizza and watched a movie - not quite the same in a hospital :-)
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think ds is convicable, yeah bit p**ed of with midwife second time she hadn't read my notes and I arrived fully dilated ready to push she made me lie on my back so she could examine me and then made be deliver like that dispite me saying to my dh let her let me move please, i think thats why i tore she told me to push him out now but I don't think it was nessary it later turned out the second midwife was a trainee so i think she was nervous

would like to stay at home this time, born princess that's my dream!
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast