Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey ladies had to switch laptop back on to update you!

said to dh so how about sparkle (the bean) being born at home? and he said i'm not a midwife and i said i know you get two thou and he said if that's what you want! in a really nice way yeahy!!!!

hold tight ladies i may have lots more questions!

what did you do with your ds's?
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids were there for both of my homebirths. My mom and/or sister came and helped keep them entertained and taken care of during the tough moments, but they all stayed home and if they wanted to watch the birth (my daughter did), they were more than welcome to.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With mine my sons were only 2 and 4 and it was late at night so they stayed for a while then my dad took them to his house to sleep over - too them to school the next day so me ad hubby had the morning to ourselves with the baby they both came home together to meet their brother at 3pm.
    This time Id like them to be there they are 3 6 and 8 but DH is worried it will be too upsetting and is probablyright for our 8 year old as he has dyspraxia and gets upset easily by teddies getting hurt on programmes etc so seeing me in pain wouldnt be good for him
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine have always been there front and center. my last my dd cut the cord since she was 11 and daddy had already did it a couple times when my 3rd was born it was after midnight and the kids made it till around 10 and went to sleep but I asked them and they said they really wanted us to wake them so when we got to push time we did they were right on the bed and I have the most precious pics of them watching in wonder and smiling My last 2 aare closest in age so he was only 2 and I wondered how he would do but he was there holding my hand and as soon as baby was in my arms he said "baby" and was trying to give him his toys every child/family is different so it's a personal choice to have them there or not.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yay had my first appt/ w/ mw today. so nice to hang out and laugh. got to hear the babes hb(150) of course lo was moving around. checked my iron wasn't as bad as I though (11.5) and everything went great. yay for midwives
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My fight has begun - 8.30AM on a sat morning and the midwife was calling to find out why i had cancelled my obstetrics app next week ..... well the letter says allow 1 hour for a birth choices appointment ..... I want a home birth again end of - last time i had an appointment like that they spent the hour trying to talk me out of it scaring me with scar rupture stories and generally making me feel angry and upset so i would just rather not go in all honestly...staff shortgages are not my issue - obviously if things in pregnancy dictate i need a hospital birth or c section then so be it but until such point im not open to beng talked out of my homebirth..... after that i made an excuse to get off the phone as didnt want to start my weekend arguing with my midwife !!! God the NHS make me so cross sometimes
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hang in there mum23boys! I've had experience of giving birth in an Nhs hospital and I wouldn't go back except in an emergency. I'm glad I had 2 home births - you should definitely fight for it if that's what you want!
    due July 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids were only 3 and 16 months so my mum came over and sat in the house as it was 3am, they never woke up and pottered up the next morning to meet their new baby brother. It was amazing!
    due July 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mum23boys- so sorry. that is crazy they offer it but then try to talk people out of it. what kind of mw is this???
    here we have certified nurse midwives that had nurse training first and then went on for extra birth training and they work mostly in hospitals/birth centers. then you have your homebirth midiwives who don't look at birth the same and they do not have rn degree but have been trained through another mw's and homebirths. But a lot of ins. do not cover homebirth so you would pay out of pocket anyway from 1500-6000 depending on where you live and how much your mw wants to charge. It is worth every penny to me. Can you choose a different mw or you have to go with who they provide??
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 hospital births and one birth center birth. I want this birth to be another birth center birth or home birth

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast