Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also ask at your early sonograms in pregnancy. There is an enlarged area on the area that ovulated that creates progesterone (I want to call it that corpus colosum...but that might be a brain structure I get anatomy mixed up). I only knew because my left ovary was larger and the tech measured it at my scans. But not the right one. I don't get Pre-ovulation scans or anything, although have in the past and it was righty that was ovulating both times.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, thanks. I'll ask at my NT scan.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from my left for DS2 and this one is also from my left but this one is looking like a girl. I did IVF for my first DS so not sure which side he came from.
    I used to have an endometrioma on my right but that disappeared years ago but maybe it has caused some scarring or something so perhaps that is why I seem to have gotten pregnant off my left the last 2 times??

GL for your princess x
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have very obvious ovulation pains each month on one side or the other so I suppose I could tell if I remembered which side.
    I do remember my last pregnancy I had ovulation pains on both sides! Which was not normal for me but we conceived on the first cycle after a miscarriage so I assume my body was sorting out its hormones. I ended up miscarrying again but I'm sure it was twins, my hcg levels were ridiculously high.
    Married Oct 2013
    Foster Mom to Kaden James 2012, with us since 7 months
    Miscarriage 02/14 at 5.5 weeks
    Miscarriage 05/14 at 10.5 weeks
    Detoxing over summer 2014 then TTC again in the fall
    Bodhi Dylan was born June 2015!
    Hubby says we're done with two kids but I keep dreaming about a daughter...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My baby did end up being a girl. She was born May 2013. But as I've been on the site longer, ovulation side seems less and less reliable as a factor. I think atomic was right when she said it probably had to do with diminished health and lefty picking up the slack.

From what I know of atomics reading, she say you can't rely on ovulation pain telling you which side you ovulated from. She says that sometimes the non-ovulating ovary can ache even more, since it doesn't get relief from popping out the egg. I hear ovulation is actually a pretty brutal event if you saw a video of it happening. So I can see why she says it would be painful for the non-ovulating one to not be able to release the pressure. I don't really get many ovulation cramps, per se. Not ones I could count on.
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have also asked about the pain and howmuch that can tell you about the o side, and gotten same info.

I do have very sharp pain during o. I can barely stand upright, and when that very intense pain occurs it is always on one side. But before and after I can feel cramps on both sides. I have always assumed that O is where the most intense pain is (only last for a few hours), but I don't know after having read more about it here. This last o my pain was from the left, so if there is any link between left and girls (last preg w girl was from my left side!) I hope that I was right (just got 2 lines).
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Marika! I actually just got a positive too, our due dates are just a day or two apart I am not sure mine is a sticky one yet, the lines are super faint. But we are hoping the bean sticks. We don't mind girl or boy, I did have more pain on my left overall recently though. A girl would be nice for our daughter, a boy would be nice because we are saying goodbye to a good friend this week and I would like to name a baby after him. So, we are good either way Maybe ill see you in the due date clubs!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulabell View Post
    I have very obvious ovulation pains each month on one side or the other so I suppose I could tell if I remembered which side.
    I do remember my last pregnancy I had ovulation pains on both sides! Which was not normal for me but we conceived on the first cycle after a miscarriage so I assume my body was sorting out its hormones. I ended up miscarrying again but I'm sure it was twins, my hcg levels were ridiculously high.
    I know it's hard to believe, but you can't tell the side of ovulation based on ovulation pain. YOur ovaries develop eggs on both sides and both tubes cramp after ovulation takes place, and because of this you can have pretty severe pain regardless of side of ovulation. Some even believe that ovulation may relieve O pain (kinda like popping a pimple does) and thus you can have worse O pain on the side you DON'T ovulate from.

High HCG levels do not always indicate twins.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    I have also asked about the pain and howmuch that can tell you about the o side, and gotten same info.

I do have very sharp pain during o. I can barely stand upright, and when that very intense pain occurs it is always on one side. But before and after I can feel cramps on both sides. I have always assumed that O is where the most intense pain is (only last for a few hours), but I don't know after having read more about it here. This last o my pain was from the left, so if there is any link between left and girls (last preg w girl was from my left side!) I hope that I was right (just got 2 lines).
    I also have TERRIBLE ovulation pains and it's always been both sided! So so so bad. Way worse than AF
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Hotdogz!! Yes, Come in and join the due date thread for dec-jan/feb!

Atomic - yes, my O pain is worse than Af pain as well, but fortunately it only lasts for a few hours and if I don't have to walk around or be standing up straight too much is manageable.
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast