Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Left ovary, right ovary? Does it really matter?

I am just wondering. I thought I saw on here somewhere, at some point, that it was more common to have boys out of the right ovary and girls out of the left. I don't remotely know the science behind it, but I thought I read it.

When I had my NT scan today, the tech labeled my right ovary. But she measured and labeled my left one (which was noticably still bigger). I swore the previous tech told me I ovulated from both, but today there was quite a difference in the size of them. So I am thinking the previous tech (who has less experience) was mistaken (or I released a less substantial egg, thus not viable).

So...there is my question, since I am gathering I ovulated from the left, does that make me more likely to have a girl?

I did post what I thought was a nub picture in the ultrasound forum...but it wasn't the nub and I don't think I can find it. There was never anything on the screen that looked in the right place or the right size. I am still looking on the DVD, like an insane person. Lol. But so far, no clues there.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and part of why I ask is that a good friend of mine has four sons...and lost her left ovary when she was 17 (before she ever got pregnant) to a tumor. So I thought that was an interesting connection.
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from my left and had a gender scan yesterday and saw a penis.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from right and had a girl...
    PeonyPrincess ovulated from left and is having a girl
    Mochagirl ovuluated from left and had a girl....

Good luck, but I don't think it's surefire at all. A woman can ovulate from either ovary and have either gender.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is something to it, but it's a very small %, enough to be statistically interesting, but not enough to be any kind of magic bullet whatsoever.

it is VERY unlikely that it's Left ovary = girls, it's much more likely that when you're already girl friendly to begin with, coincidentally you are also more likely to O from your left side. The right ovary is dominant in most people and it is the one that tends to respond best when things are going good, lefty only steps up to the plate when things aren't quite working as well and takes over if something isn't going well with righty.

If you google "side ovulation fertility gender" you will get a lot of interesting stuff - you want the stuff from the 2000's and up because the earlier stuff is not reliable. Here's a juicy one Right-sided ovulation favours pregnancy more than left-sided ovulation
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool stuff. It just seems to follow the less fertile you are, the more likely you are to have a girl. So me ovulating left might have been because it was only my second PP ovulation and things were not up and running smoothly yet? I had a few girl sway factors naturally (breastfeeding, not sleeping well, had a cold) and a few I tried to push along (low everything diet, low blood sugar, lower PH). So maybe all of that combined caused a left-sided ovulation. I am certainly not hedging my bets on it. Or anything, for that matter. Its hard to keep your feet on the ground and not get carried away with all the guessing. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from the left and I'm having a boy

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry, maybe I'm missing something here but how would someone know which ovary they'd ovulated from?
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    sorry, maybe I'm missing something here but how would someone know which ovary they'd ovulated from?
    They had a scan done. I had one on CD9 and the OB could see a big follicle on my right ovary, he said I should Ovulate in about a week!!!
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, thanks for the answer. I'm assuming that most of us don't have that scan, so many of us won't know which ovary we ovulated from. That's too bad, it's an interesting notion.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast