Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Juniebjones; December 13th, 2016 at 09:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your DD!! I'm sorry but I don't understand how your health insurance works in your country. I can understand your wish to take advantage of saving money/costs though. However, for me personally, I would not have DH get the snip before baby's born as I feel it's tempting fate somehow. I know that probably seems daft, but that's just how I feel. Also depending on DH's age, I'm very wary on the snip increasing rates of prostrate cancer in older men. I know it's a contentious issue and not totally proven but a close friend of mine and her DH are both embryologists and work in epigenetics/reproductive medicine and feel very strongly that it should be avoided for young men.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait until the last baby was born.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how young is too young, sorry! I'll ask my friend. But her DH is in his mid-40's and won't have it done even though they've finished their family. She's think's 30's way too young, I know that much. I'll get back to you on that one
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read any replies, I would wait until baby was born. I am glad we didn't go ahead and have it done.
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would never ask hubby to have a vasecotomy. What if something happened to me or the kids. If he remarried and he wanted children with his new wife, I wouldn't want to deny him that.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this is our little girl I´m pregnant with at the moment then Yes, my DH is getting a vasectomie. If something happens to me I know he doesn´t want any more children (as he already has 6 then) with another women. He might want a new relation over time but he already is almost 40 so he is not in for beginning all over again. If something happens to our children then I definitly don´t want any replacements because the grief would be to big.
    Loves of our lives:

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait until after baby is born... My ex husband had it done after our second son was born... He was 24. It's a lot safer than a woman getting her tubes tided. (From what I've read and Dr told me)
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait until after baby arrives and is safely in your arms.
    Love My 4

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Logically I 100% believe that the act of getting snipped and your chances at a positive outcome with your pregnancy are not related and so getting the vasectomy before or after the baby is born will not make a difference either or. However, lol, it's hard not to feel nervous about "tempting fate somehow" like everyone is saying. In your shoes I would probably wait until baby is safely born too. It's silly, but it's hard to take emotion out of these things. Plus the prostate cancer-vasectomy link makes me nervous too. It's not the first time I have come across that info, and although not conclusive, it's something to think about. If you find out more info about the different types of vasectomies and the risks of each, I hope you share, as I would love to learn more about it too... we're done after this baby too, so I've been considering the options as well.

GL!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast