Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, only $15 bucks? I'm in!!!! My kids will think it is awesome. (And so will DH and I.)
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Wow, only $15 bucks? I'm in!!!! My kids will think it is awesome. (And so will DH and I.)
    Be very careful about getting a cheap doppler. If you look into doppler/ultrasound use it's not actually proven to be safe- and that's the professional use ones let alone the cheapy ones that parents can buy. There have been very few studies on it's use and the few that were done show a cell/tissue change when used on small fetus'. Don't mean to scare the crap out of anyone but if you want some resources let me know and I'll send some info your way.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WHOAAAAA! That is not good! I am sure we'd all love to know which one you do recommend.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    WHOAAAAA! That is not good! I am sure we'd all love to know which one you do recommend.
    None I recommend buying a cheap fetoscope
    http://inhishands.com/Fetal-Stethoscope.4995
    I got most of my homebirth/unassisted birth products from this place

Totally safe for baby and easy to hear baby past 16-18 weeks. I used it all through the latter half of my pregnancy and could easily tell when my babe was breech and where the cord and the placenta was located. When I open my practice in the future this will be what I will use on my BabyMama's. A doppler is only really needed at birth when a woman is moving around a lot and the careprovider needs to hear quickly and then get out the womans way. I know it's nice to hear the babe but sometimes it's worth waiting Pretty soon you guys will be feeling your sweet little munchkins moving!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats good advice Daulamam. I know about the stethoscope, but yeah a person who is comfortable and knows about using it can use it well later in the pregnancy when we feel the baby move (17+ weeks). I might go for it after having my next appt. Right now I am getting this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonoline-B-Fetal...item483fe74df0

which is FDA approved. I am feeling really nervous and scared and desperate to hear. This was fastest thing I could do at this gestation. Since MS has stopped for me, I have no way of knowing anything. The ultrasound dopplers are safe as they use sounds and no radiation or anything like that. But I am cautious and I might use it for few secs every 3-4 days. I need it now cos I am stressing so much which is not good to do. I am unable to work too

I checked craigs in my city, there were couple for 40 bucks. I just did not want to wait to meet the seller, test etc , so went ahead with this one.
    Last edited by Aqua; April 18th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
    our big girl ..and our bouncy baby

Quit my job and I'm now and loving every bit of it (well most of the time

Link to my sway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-boy-sway.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got that doppler. Its a cute pocket doppler. I could not get it at first when I tried. Then I went to youtube and there were so many videos posted byt women using the same doppler and showing the heartbeats. One of the ladies did a very clear demostration. I tried it and could hear it, so cool and it was consistant with what we also heard at and the rate at teh doctors office. The LCD was displaying 145-150 beats
    our big girl ..and our bouncy baby

Quit my job and I'm now and loving every bit of it (well most of the time

Link to my sway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-boy-sway.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you can hear your lil one s HB whenever you want! This is great. Glad that you figured it out how to use. It s so much fun and assuring.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234