Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink hyperemesis and low blood pressure

I have hyperemesis. At 7 weeks pregnant, all i did was puke 8-10 times a day and lost nearly 15 pounds in 8 days. I had a picc line put in, I get 2 bags of fluids a day, my prenatals and my zofran. Im now 18 weeks pregnant and finally up to eating 800 calories a day give or take, but last week seemed to be great, and I thought it was finally starting to Tapper off, and now this week im back.to being nauseated all day. It's even back to where I can't go.into the fridge freezer or cupboard without gagging, my 5 yr old has to help me with anything outta it. My question is, did you have it the whole time, or did out eventually get better? Since it's been in my blood pressure stays pretty low, it used to be 120/70 and now I'm usually around 85/48. Which is why I never have energy, but add I'm getting bigger, is it more dangerous, if it starts low is it dangerous during delivery?
    And lastly, i heard it's more common with girl pregnancies, i.already have 2 girls, isn't it weird my body is now having a hard time with pregnancy. I thought it was usually in first pregnancies?

Thanks for your help!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you are going through this hell!
    What have you heard is more common with girls? low blood pressure or hyperemesis?
    I have rotten low blood pressure and it is affecting my day to day living. Im yet to find out what Im having
    DD1 DD2 We tried out luck for a but the universe has given us 3 of a kind. Thats a win!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard hyperemesis is, more common with girls, but my home care nurses don't she. I'm sorry about your blood pressure problems. Doesn't seem like there's much they can do for us with low,bp, just try to suck on soothing sugary as, much as possible and especially when driving

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been reading a lot about MS relief lately and I saw a blog where this woman who had really bad hyperemesis, so bad she terminated 6 pregnancies, was able to get control of it with diet. I have awful MS and probably borderline hyperemesis which lasts 7 months into my PG. With this pregnancy I have started eating a low carb, high protein, high fat diet and it has worked WONDERS!! I started it when I was 4 weeks pregnant and I haven't puked once! I so feel your pain and I really do think that if you start eating low carb it will work for you.

With DS1 and DS2 I would eat anything to take away the nausea. Crackers, bagels, soda... anything!! It would get better for about 1-2 hours but then it would be bad again. They say it is related to low blood sugar and so cutting carbs will help regulate your blood sugar. The only carbs I get are from cheese, romaine lettuce, spinach, and salad dressing. I went to my OB today and she was fine with the way I was eating and I wasn't in ketosis so I will definitely continue.

Have you tried B6 and/or vitamin D?
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The concern with low blood pressure is profusion of the placenta. It's really important that you are very well hydrated, salt everything (this helps your blood retain fluids) and exercise as much as possible, to get your blood pressure up. If you need to lay down have your feet higher than your heart as much as possible. All these things will help your heart get as much blood as possible to your placenta.
    I hope this passes for you soon!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I can't drink anything, but i get 2 bags of fluids a day, my body hasnt been in starvation mode for about a month, it's ferrying better. I've been eating a decent amount of protein, and i knew about the feet elevated, my nurse told me to exercise but my Dr told me not to since I'm considered high risk. I had my first child 2 months early, so will be starting progesterone shots next week.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    for exercise you just to need to get the blood moving, not necessarily a full body workout. Even on bedrest I would recommend leg lifts, bicycling in the air with your legs, windmills with your arms and any yoga stretches you feel comfortable doing a couple times a day.