Thread: Very bad pain

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very bad pain

Hi~ Does anyone know what upper right quadrant pain could be from? It is very sharp and intense and when it happens I feel like I am going to throw up and break out in a cold sweat.

I went to Dr on Thursday for severe pain from this and was supposed to get my nuchal scan but never got it and was admitted for kidney infection, but that back pain that went to my front went away but I am still stuck with this upper right quadrant pain which nobody could figure out. My gallbladder was ok via ultrasound and no kidney stones.

I don't think I explained that very well but long story short...I went IN for THIS upper right pain, they diagnosed me with kidney infection and that back pain went away but I still have THIS upper right pain that is horrible. I have appt tomorrow but they told me in the meantime to take GasX

Upper right quadrant pain that is stabbing and makes your back ache and want to throw up? anyone?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could it possible be your appendix? Appendicitis is actually really common in pregnancy, I've had 2 friends need theirs removed while pregnant and had my own out 7 months after ds2 was born. Pregnancy can change the location too and make it harder to diagnose. My pain was apparently higher than it should of been and I wasn't even pregnant but I guess things don't always go back to where they're supposed to. Really hope you find answers soon.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a cyst on my ovary before that felt like what you are explaining, hopefully they can tell you more at your appt

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no idea but i had something similar a couple of weeks back , it was like a stabbing pain just below my lungs that was rhythmic like contractions and really took my breathe away, also had back pain and period type pain and felt sick with it, never did find out what it was and the midwife wasn't too bothered (went through indigestion, baby's position, heart burn - all weirdly normal things which i had felt before and were nothing like this horrible intense pain) but it went off after a few days and so far its not come back

there was a post on here recently about UTI's that sounds similar though:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/preg...y-unaware.html
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs P...that is exactly what it felt like.

Anyway, it was gallbladder "sludge" and it really hurts. I have to be really careful of what I eat. They don't take it out unless you continue to lose weight.

So hopefully it will just clear up by eating rabbit food and the UTIs stay away. I tend to get alot of kidney infections whether pg or not, maybe because my UTIs don't always present with alot of pain.

Thank you

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

Anyway, it was gallbladder "sludge" and it really hurts. I have to be really careful of what I eat. They don't take it out unless you continue to lose weight.

So hopefully it will just clear up by eating rabbit food and the UTIs stay away. I tend to get alot of kidney infections whether pg or not, maybe because my UTIs don't always present with alot of pain.

Thank you
    I'm currently going through the same thing. Was put in hospital a couple of times due to the pain. However no stones. It's been noted that its inflamed like. Mine gets worse during my period, basically my gall bladder is contracting along with my uterus.
    Not much fun at all. I don't know anyone who has gone through the same. Not that I want you to cop the same thing ( its horrible) but its good to know I'm not alone!!!
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you
    Oh and another thing, I happen to get a lot of UTIs as well and most of the time I'm not in a great deal of pain if any at all!!!
    2008 2010 2013

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is horrible (hugs) I was given a morphine drip in the hospital with zofran. Just horrible.

I would not wish it on my worst enemy...it really hurts as bad as labor! But it doesn't end! I think today is the first day I have felt half-way human in 2 weeks but I have really really strict with NO fat. I think that does help?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is horrible (hugs) I was given a morphine drip in the hospital with zofran. Just horrible.

I would not wish it on my worst enemy...it really hurts as bad as labor! But it doesn't end! I think today is the first day I have felt half-way human in 2 weeks but I have really really strict with NO fat. I think that does help?
    Ditto an it made me realize how much I hate morphine haha. Oh man that stuff makes me trip out do much!
    I have tremadol if the pain gets too bad.
    I also get the pain a bit when I'm driving which is really annoying. I really hope the pain eases for you! I'm new the area I live in and the dr I had been seeing is one of those ... Oh well they can't see much so it'll be ok type drs. Not one that tried to help if that makes sense.
    2008 2010 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES!! Driving is hell! The doctor looked at me like I was nuts and said it was probably muscular pain but I am glad to know driving is also a symptom lol! Something about your torso being squished up, I about think I am going to die...omg

Its not funny but I am kinda laughing that doctors don't really "get" the real-life symptoms of all this.