Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can go longer with twins. This is about elective deliveries that are about nothing other than convenience to the mom/doctor/etc. It is not about early labors that cannot be stopped or anything medically necessary. There will always be medically necessary early deliveries.

I think what all of the recommendations are about are preventing issues in our babies if at all possible. Twins is a great example because most doctors will have said that you need to have them delivered by a certain week- but why? If babies are doing well and so is mom, they do not need to be induced earlier than a singleton.

The medical community is of course aware of this information and is supposed to be acting accordingly. 39 weeks before induction unless medically necessary. Induction is different than just having your baby naturally because baby is ready to come early. One of my kids was 10 days early and she is just fine. She came when she was ready!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All mine seem to want to come naturally in the 37th week and they are all just fine

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with this strongly! I was induced with my first son when I was almost 38 weeks pregnant. I was suffering really bad and the doctor suggested we induced. I just wanted it to be over. Well, after birth it wasn't over. I still suffered a lot of pain. And now my baby was also suffering. He was a big boy, 7 lbs, but he got sick from his early birth (at almost 38 weeks!) and admitted to neonatal ward. Seeing such a big baby in an incubator, struggling, it was heartbreaking. He was so weak, he could barely open his eyes or even drink on his own. The doctors didn't understand why and later said he was premature as he had this typical preemie moan.

Luckily he got better. But I do think he would have been much healthier if we had kept him in there untill he was ready. With my second son I suffered again. But I didn't want to be induced. He was born after 41 weeks. His eyes were open from day one, he grew fast, nursed a lot, he was and still is very content. I would only ever induce if it's life threatening. If not, baby stays in as long as needed.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    All mine seem to want to come naturally in the 37th week and they are all just fine
    there's a big difference in a natural birth and an induction.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just wanting thoughts on this I was 37 weeks when I was induced due to having a liver problem and when my ob went to check me I was already 7 cm dilated before she even broke my water so was bubs going to come early anyway??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 6 cm with ds2 for 5 weeks :s he was born at 41 weeks 1 hour befor. MY scheduled induction 30 min labour!

Pinkin try not to hold this against yourself as you have medical issues a
    That are beyond your control
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    just wanting thoughts on this I was 37 weeks when I was induced due to having a liver problem and when my ob went to check me I was already 7 cm dilated before she even broke my water so was bubs going to come early anyway??
    I'm not sure, but 7 cm is a lot, I don't think your baby would have been born much later. However, I have had 5 cm dialation for over a week with my second son. I was worried he was just gonna fall out and I agree with wanting, if an induction is medically needed, it's the best thing to do for baby and mother.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt like mine was gonna fall out as well lol! Don't know how someone can walk around that dilated for so many weeks lol...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_P View Post
    if i have to have a section due to my low lying placenta they won't do it until 39 weeks unless i have any bleeding and me or babe are in danger. i thought it was a little late from what i knew of sections, this makes sense as to why
    Mrs P, will they let you do a trial labor?? They let me with my low lying placenta and I was able to have him vaginally altho I did start to hemorrage at 6 CM dilated luckily it went very quick from that point. They really did not want to do a section on me anyway because my placenta was in the front so they'd have had to cut through it, but still, I hope they are able to let you at least have a trial labor.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    I felt like mine was gonna fall out as well lol! Don't know how someone can walk around that dilated for so many weeks lol...
    A friend of mine went for 2 months dilated to 5!!! It was crazy. It was her 5th child.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast