Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Upset about appointments

I'm nine weeks and one day pregnant (my ticker is wrong).

The first blow I had this week was when my NT scan came through for when I will be 13 weeks and five days pregnant. I was quite surprised as this doesn't give me much room for the baby measuring slightly ahead. I was always under the assumption (correct me if I'm wrong) that once you hit 14 weeks they can no longer carry out the NT scan.

The second blow is that my booking in appointment came through this morning and it will not be until I am 12 weeks!!! I'm sure this isn't normal.

I'm really upset. I'm finding this pregnancy really hard and so scared of having another loss. I just assumed I would at least get to talk to someone before I reached 12 weeks. I know it can't stop me miscarrying. But I am such a wreck at the moment.

I feel like because I've had a few losses they are like...don't see her too soon..., you'll just be wasting your time with paperwork and she'l only lose the baby anyway.

I'm crying my eyes out (like a crazy hormonal person). I know that it is not the NHS's job to care but I feel all this to be disgusting.

It's bad enough that when the baby died at almost 14 weeks (I have DVD evidence of it being alive at 13.5) they didn't do any tests on me or the foetus.

Sorry just needed to get that out
    Last edited by 3boys; May 25th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, sorry you are having a rough time, I think I had my first appointment at 9 weeks.

To put your mind at ease why don't you get an early private scan done? or ask if your 13 week scan can be put forward a week or so.

Try not to get upset about it, hoping it all gets sorted for you :-) x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you have to go through this! Why don't you just call them and say that you will be out of town the day they scheduled your NT scan and that you need to move the appointment forward? That's how I always do it. You could say you'll be gone for a couple of days to make things easier. That way they should move your first scan forward as well?!

I am going through this emotional rollercoaster as well but I wish I would have waited at least until week 8 before asking for a scan. Now I have a two week wait in front of me and I am terrified that something is wrong (AGAIN).