Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBA2C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

VBA2C

I would love to hear of any experiences of a VBA2C or VBAMC.

DS1 was born by ECS at 30 weeks due to severe pre-term pre-eclampsia as induction was far too dangerous and not an option. I tried for a VBAC with DS2 but after a rather painful sweep at 40 weeks my waters broke and I never made it past 2cm dilated. This time around, my consultant is willing to support me in a VBA2C but I have a C-section booked for December 17th - 12 days after my due date. I am totally against any induction as I know it increases the risk of uterine rupture and my consultant is happy with that decision. I have the option to elect for a C-section at any time and will see him again at 36 weeks to make sure I'm still happy with my plan. As long as I go into labour myself, I have a good chance of a VBA2C. Well, I hope so anyway!

Can any of you give me any advice or tips at all please?

Please share any stories, I'm all ears!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to offer my support and admiration of you!! When the time comes, I will send you all my extra dialation, progresion and ELV's possible!!!!

Hope that others give you some great stories and tips!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Ladybugs!

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, what's ELV's? I have a lot to learn about labour, methinks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    BTW, what's ELV's? I have a lot to learn about labour, methinks!
    Easy Labour Vibes!!! You need a tonne of them!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, absolutely!! By the tonne please!
    Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DOP - I'm in absolute awe! I've just booked in for my 3rd c-section. I've never ever felt a contraction, so would love to experience labour... But my ob is so against vba2c! I have a narrow...um... not sure what it's called... But my kids can't engage.

Best of luck to you - I think your determination is fantastic.
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very proud of you I love how you tried the first vbac but to try again is truley amazing I hate with the passion when people don't even care to try... My cousin had a c section with her first and then refused to try vbac with her second cause she doesn't want to ruin her vagina! Are you kidding me!

Any ways just wante to let you know you are doing an awesome thing!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck dreaming. I am hoping to have a VBAC in the next couple of days. I never made it past 2cm either with my DD. she was posterior which can cause stalled labours. This one is currently left occuput anterior which is the easiest position to labour in so I am hopeful my VBAC will work. I will let you know how it goes
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't talk for VBA2C as I only had one C/S but I have had 3 births since then. My VBAC was a bit horrid as I was silly enough to keep working full time until and even during labour so I was so exhausted I needed an early epidural just to cope. Got my vaginal birth though which was great.
    3rd and 4th time I had wonderful water birth with just a bit of gas. Had an IV and continuous fetal monitoring just in case but all went very smoothly.
    I work in a maternity unit so i care for VBACs a lot. My advice is to avoid an epidural, learn some techniques to cope with labour pain ( I love the "Pink kit" even though I think Noah used it on the ark), keep upright and keep active.
    My 3rd was over a pound bigger than the baby that they had to C/S out because he was "too big"

From what I understand your risks of scar rupture increase slightly and your chances of success decrease slightly but your risks attached to a repeat C/S increase dramatically for every one you have.
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast