Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Life after LE...?

Am jumping the gun a little here, but was wondering how you all readjusted back to normality from the LE diet after getting your BFP?

I'm really looking forward to simple stuff again like eating meat. I'd imagine, however, suddenly going for lots of Sunday roasts and steak dinners really isn't the way to go. How do you go about weaning back in? What helped you? Are there any do's and don'ts about foods and lifestyle or anything to take into consideration? Anything I must not do under ANY circumstance?

I need to stop the extra iron and zinc and go with whatever is in my prenatal. Anything else?

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go easy on the sodium if you have been limiting it.

I think it's ok to start eating meat again but it may disagree with you, so prob. best to go in lightly and then build up. Several of us have had meat aversions during pg so I think it's best to eat it when you can because you may not want it in a couple weeks.

Just switch the iron and zinc for the equal amount in prenatal. Be sure to continue the higher dose folic throughout the first tri before weaning off.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally just jumped back into my old habbits basically lol... I was so happy to have red meat in my life again
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a tough time going off of the diet once pregnant. Meat and other foods disagreed with me. Now that I've had my baby I'm back on the le diet. I've never been much of a meat eater. I have to say this diet is probably my favorite and very easy to stick to.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh girl! I was thinking about this last night. I really wanted beef stew or hot cheesy meat lovers pizza last night. You know first thing what I'll be doing if I ever get a BFP. But you know what will be funny? My 5th child, my whole pregnancy turned me vegetarian, I couldn't eat chicken, red meat, or fish for almost 8 months. I can see that happening again, lol!
    Mommy of one girl (6) & 4 handsome boys! (2) (4) (5) (8)

~My twin girl sway~

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking about this as well!! Thanks for answering this question!! I assume I will be so sick with m/s that I wont remember weaning back in But I usually have 4 weeks well 2 really after a bfp were I am not sick so was planning on getting something really fatty and naughty to celebrate the bfp!!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a meat aversion for quite a while after my bfp. In fact last night was the first dinner I think I've had where I ate meat, other things I used to eat, and enjoyed it. I am 11.5 weeks! Some things I wanted again right away like milk, cheese and yoghurt. Other things took a while to build up to like meat, and salt.

Annoying LE has left me with quite the sugar addiction from all those diet soda's and I often had to use sugar to get enough calories in. I always hated sugar before!!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't get back to eating the way I used to I used to snack all the time, but I still can't get myself to eat more than three times a day. It's only been a week since I got my BFP, but I always thought I would celebrate with a big burger and I can't even stomach the thought of eating a burger. I'm hoping I can get back to snacking because I think it would really help with morning sickness, but it makes me sick to even think of eating unless I'm hungry. I was only on the diet 6.5 weeks so I'm surprised going back to normal is so hard for me.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Work on the snacking in time. Even if you can start spacing some drinks like a smoothie or fresh juice in between meals (for baby's sake) because you are right, snacking is healthiest for baby (if you choose healthy things).

But it took me a long time to eat some boy foods, and even now I find I am still eating differently to my pre-sway diet. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow!

Just work on the bits that help baby and the rest doesn't matter.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The day I got my BFP DH and I had junk food for dinner at our favorite fast food restaurant. It was wonderful.

I found that I was extremely hungry during the 2WW and was eating more often and in bigger qtys than before. I had a feeling I was pg based on other signs so I let LE slide quite a bit then. Looking back, I probably should not have done that, but once I got the implementation bleeding I really wasn't worried about doing LE so much anymore.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast