Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1 i had a totally medicated birth, I was induced because he was 11days overdue, the pain was awful, i thought i was dying, now i know that was all because of being induced, before DS1 i had no idea that being induced actually makes your labour more painful, i had pethidine and when that didnt work i then had an epidural, which seriously messed me up, i couldnt walk for 2 whole days! i also couldnt feel to push and ended up needing forceps and an episiotomy, the doc then cut through one of my main arteries and i lost way too much blood. With ds2, i went into labour myself on his due date and it couldnt have been more different. I thought my waters may have broken so went to the ospital to be checked out and was only having mild contractions, they were weaker than the braxton hicks id had lol, and when i was examined i was already 7cm! i got through the next few hours using just gas and air and once i felt the urge to push i didnt hold back and he was born 10mins later. DS3, was 5 days late but i also started on my own, within an hour of the labour starting he was born, the midwife didnt make it and the paramedic ended up delivering ds3 in my bedroom. the paramedics gave me gas and air but i didnt feel the need to use it as i was already pushing when they arrived, he was born after 5mins of pushing and he was my biggest baby (10lb2oz) and the easiest birth by far. This time around im planning a homebirth because i doubt we'll make it to the hospital lol! But i also only plan to use gas and air if i really need it. I dont have anything against people who do prefer medicated births and its all down to personal choice but for me, the more natural path was definately the easiest.
    May 05 Nov 07 Dec 08 May 11
    And our Very Big Surprise due May 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I had a completely natural birth for one reason.. I have emitiphobia-fear of throwing up! I didn't even have gas and air cos vomiting can be a side effect.

All I did was use the tens machine. Yes it was bloody painful but not at one stage did I even contemplate pain meds, as it was bearable.

I didn't think much of it (as it was my own madness that made me deny myself meds...lol) until the midwife came round a few hours after DS was born and said 'wow you've recovered so fast! -that's because you had no medical intervention'...and looking at it, I think she had a point. I delivered the placenta naturally 1/2 an hour after DS and then was up having a shower within the hour and bumbling around the ward doing my own thing.

I PRAY I get a chance for a natural birth for this little girl as it was an incredible experience that I treasure everyday, but hey as long as they get her out in one working piece that all that bothers me!
    The moment as DS finally came out into the world is a physical feeling that I replay to myself over and over to myself. If it can be done, I recommend it.
    xxx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out my hospital doesn't give epi's anymore. I am feeling so much more confident now about a natural birth knowing I won't be pushed into an epi.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where would they not offer epidurals?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't found out that reason, my friend who is due in May contacted them about it, she won't birth there because her birth plan is to go for an epi. She said they use something else similiar to an epi but it's not the same.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I believe in natural childbirth... I run a website on it

But really, for me, I wanted the best for my babies. Also, my mom had major health issues and was always on tons of medications, in and out of hospitals, etc. It was an environment that I associated with pain and suffering - for her *and* for me. I wanted to be as far away from that as I could when I started my own mothering journey. I also wanted to labor on my terms, so I chose a homebirth and have had a homebirth with each of my children.

I also used to hear the ladies at my church sit around and talk about the epidural headaches and pain they had after having their babies, and I didn't want that. My DH's niece had a botched epi that left her unable to walk for awhile. I just wanted to stay away from those.

But mostly I didn't want to be in the hospital! Here in the US that means no pain meds since we don't have gas and air or TENS really here.

For my last two babies I had a birth tub and that was the best. My last baby was an accidental Unassisted Birth - our midwife didn't make it - and it was wonderfu. I was the first person to touch my baby, and DH the second. Our baby felt our hands, not latex gloves. He was born by candlelight and didn't cry, just started breathing and looking around right away. It was amazing. I think it was an awesome way for him to begin his life

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuremyst View Post
    I haven't found out that reason, my friend who is due in May contacted them about it, she won't birth there because her birth plan is to go for an epi. She said they use something else similiar to an epi but it's not the same.
    Could it be they only give spinals? Those are normally given for an emergency c-section - they take effect very quickly and last for only a couple of hours. They allow you to be awake for the section, though. If I ever transferred from our homebirth for an emergency section that would be my choice (rather than knocked out under general anesthesia).

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post

But really, for me, I wanted the best for my babies. Also, my mom had major health issues and was always on tons of medications, in and out of hospitals, etc. It was an environment that I associated with pain and suffering - for her *and* for me. I wanted to be as far away from that as I could when I started my own mothering journey. I also wanted to labor on my terms, so I chose a homebirth and have had a homebirth with each of my children.

I also used to hear the ladies at my church sit around and talk about the epidural headaches and pain they had after having their babies, and I didn't want that. My DH's niece had a botched epi that left her unable to walk for awhile. I just wanted to stay away from those.

But mostly I didn't want to be in the hospital! Here in the US that means no pain meds since we don't have gas and air or TENS really here.

For my last two babies I had a birth tub and that was the best. My last baby was an accidental Unassisted Birth - our midwife didn't make it - and it was wonderfu. I was the first person to touch my baby, and DH the second. Our baby felt our hands, not latex gloves. He was born by candlelight and didn't cry, just started breathing and looking around right away. It was amazing. I think it was an awesome way for him to begin his life
    I totally get it about wanting to be in the moment, connected, etc. but maybe it is just me or I was fortunate enough to have a good team of midwives/doctors(a midwife delivered all but one of my babies) but I always felt in control, never ever felt like I would have a C-section for any reason at all and they let me labor and did not force me to do anything I didn't want to do. I also got to deliver my babies. I was the one to grab them and pull them out(of course the midwife/doctor made sure nothing happened) but it was not any scary or out of control expereince at all. Very quiet. Very peaceful. 2/4 did not cry much. My last one screamed his head off...that is his personality though!

Nobody can force you to do anything no matter where you choose to deliver.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    That's awesome!! May I ask what website this this? As far as going natural im so looking forward to, I cannot wait. The only thing according to the baby book that I think would stop me is if the baby happens to be breech when i go into labor, I pray that this doesn't happen. She's not breech right now, but im 28 weeks, they told me she's got plenty of time to move back into breech. ugh.!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Natural birth's do sound amazing but I dont think I could get through the crowning without at least gas and air. That is pretty much all I had with 2, 3 and 4. I think I had a shot of pethadine right before DS3 was born though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast