Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first was a home birth. I felt very relaxed, focused and it was a very peaceful experience. Yes there was pain but nothing I couldn´t handle, just the actual birth giving was very hard.
    After my son was born I lost too much blood ( and my senses) so I was taken in hospital by ambulance, DH in shock. Everything turned out fine, with Ds2 I had to give birth in hospital for this reason. Was very confident, thinking ´hey, no problem, I´m good at giving birth.´
    But, ofcourse, as every birth is different, that was a completely different thing, it hurt a lot and I couldn´t relax because there were a lot of woman labouring so I stayed on my normal hospital bed with a lot of strangers around talking about the wetter. I was not focused and in control at all, I was undergoing it all.
    So when Ds2 was there, I was sure to want an epi if there would ever be a third.
    But now your stories make me want to look for a Doula and a clinic with a birth tub if we´ll have nr.3
    Skrimpy, you totally made me want another home birth, but unfortunately DH wouldn´t survive

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indira I am so sorry to hear about losing so much blood after your hb I had a lot of blood loss after my first but my mw was able to get it under control with an injection of Pitocin. I was really worried about it happening again by my mw encouraged me to pay special attention to my diet during my next pregnancy and also visualize a super-smooth birth. I followed her advice and my next baby came wonderfully without any excess blood loss - and that has been true for the next two as well.

I really believe that it made a lot of difference to pay close attention to my diet (my mw says all the eggs I ate helped a lot hehe) and also feeling a lot more prepared for childbirth in general.

I would really see if your DH would be up to you going to a birth center or a birthing unit with a tub. I think a doula is a great idea, too, she can help keep you focused and feeling in control
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skrimpy, your website is awesome, btw!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456