Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Bad Gender anxiety!

I am having a really hard time lately with anxiety over the gender of this baby. I told myself before I got pregnant that I wanted a boy but that I would be happy no matter what as long as it was healthy. But that is really not turning out to be the case at the moment (I know I sound like a horrible person). I am already envisioning going to get the u/s and hearing girl and just sobbing and having the u/s tech think I am the biggest asshole on the planet. I keep thinking about what more I could have done. Whether I should have not used pre seed since I keep seeing a lot of girls conceived with it. If DH and I being vegetarians sealed our girl fate. If DH had enough swimmers. If me getting sick the day or so after we BD would sway girl because of low immune system. If the super b complex swayed girl. Also EVERYONE I know right now is pregnant with a boy anywhere from 18-39 weeks along. At least 5 people so I am like "Oh crap that means some girls are due." It is really keeping me from being excited about this pregnancy. The pressure is on for us to have a boy. The name dies with my husband. My mother in law and sister in law keep saying its a boy which is adding more pressure. I just don't know. I feel like all of the odds are against me right now. I am really starting to freak out. I just need to know!!!! I really really do not want another girl. I always wanted to be a boy mom. I love DD with all of my heart but I feel like she is it for me. I just honestly do not want another DD. I am starting to wonder if we should have even tried again at all because I am starting to realize I don't think I can handle to disappointment. The amount of girls I know having boys right now is really freaking me out because of the whole nature balance thing. Chinese calendar says girl for me. UUUUgggggh. I am so sorry if this post offends anyone. I know how hard some of you ladies try to even get pregnant and it just happened so easy for me and now here I am being ungrateful. But I can't help it. I feel like DH will always hold a grudge if it's a girl because he didn't even want another baby. I am just consumed with the thoughts of it being a girl. My gut tells me boy but every time I think that it's like my "other gut" is like nope it's a girl and that is all you'll ever have! This waiting for the NT scan may or may not kill me. DH wants to do one of those intelligender tests and I don't think I can handle it. If I pee in that cup and it's orange I think I will just cry and not even want to go to the NT scan.
    Last edited by TTCaPRINCE; September 15th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't feel bad about what you're feeling, I was terrified to hear girl with my 3rd baby, I will never forget the moment she said 'its a girl' I felt like someone just died, I feel horrible about it now, cause I adore my baby girl!

Just hang in there, cause you could be working yourself up for nothing, you probably have a little wee man in there anyway.

Good Luck
    Last edited by 3littleladies; September 15th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies View Post
    Don't feel bad about what you're feeling, I was terrified to hear girl with my 3rd baby, I will never forget the moment she said 'its a girl' I felt like someone just died, I feel horrible about it now, cause I adore my baby girl!

Just hang in there, cause you could be working yourself up for nothing, you probably have a little wee man in there anyway.

Good Luck
    I hope you're right and I do have a little man in here. I am sorry you didn't hear you DG but I am glad you have been able to deal with it so well. I hope I can take a lesson for you if I end up needing to. I know for a fact if I hear girl in that u/s room I will just cry.

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't feel bad, you can't help how you feel. x
    My gender scan is now in 2 days! Please have a final guess here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ase-guess.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Relax,mayby its a Boy...who knows. Dont feel bad me too really really really dont want a third Boy and think cant handle that and also dont have the Money to go HT the idea drives me mad

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey hun I feel the exact way as you, told myself before ttc that i really didn't mind another boy but then a few weeks into pregnancy it was pretty clear i have a strong preference for a girl. Just wanted to add that my little guy was conceived using preseed as i was desperate to get pregnant with him and it wasn't happening fast enough! So many women swear they are carrying one gender and then get blown away to discover it's the opposite. So there is every possibility you have a little dude in there! Youre probably trying to protect yourself by thinking its a girl to avoid major disappointment- very understandable, but don't count yourself out just yet, chin up sweety and i hope you get your little boy xxxxx

due March 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. The whole "did I do a good enough sway" "could I have done better" I do feel I did the best I could do. I am only 5 weeks tomorrow so still very early days. I really hope there is a girl baking in there. I know if I hear boy I will have to just force myself to get over it as can't change it either way but I do know the anxiety your feeling.
    two gorgeous boys

And a beautiful little girl

Our sway worked!!!
    Thanks atomic and all at GD X

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww - I know how you feel. We had my nephew over for the weekend last weekend (he's one), and you should have seen how DH was playing with him, and talking with him the whole time. I know he will be so disappointed if we are not having a boy.

But, even without a sway you have a 50/50 chance - I don't think anyone is destined to only have a baby of one gender. Try and just enjoy the pregnancy for now, knowing that it very well could be a boy in there! In fact, with your sway it probably is a better chance of a boy than girl. BTW, I have heard a lot of people who used preseed and had boys, so I wouldn't worry about that! I used preseed at every attempt too with my boy sway.

I also know that around where I live you can get a gender scan at 16 weeks at one of those 3-D ultrasound places. It was like $100, but totally worth it to me. The place I went to with my DD, I was 16 weeks and they guaranteed the gender - if they were wrong, they would give me my money back!

DD 2010
    DD #2 - due 5/31/14