Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My thought is this, a boy should look like his dad unless dad feels strongly otherwise. My dh is uncut and our son (fx) will be uncut as well.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and the cleanliness is based on the man, none of the men in dh's family have had problems. He promised me he'll teach our little guy (again fx) how to care for himself just like I'll teach our daughters about af.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinkNeedBlue View Post
    Oh and the cleanliness is based on the man, none of the men in dh's family have had problems. He promised me he'll teach our little guy (again fx) how to care for himself just like I'll teach our daughters about af.
    I agree with the men teaching sons because even a boy that is circ they have to learn to be clean. It is the same as teaching a child to wash their hands or brush their teeth.... everything is taught as young kids and practiced over and over until it it done without help or being watched.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinkNeedBlue View Post
    That's what I was thinking about I posted that about the ex.....so TOTALLY no offense meant!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Both my boys have had it done... I watched because I was afraid of the Dr accidently cutting it off. But we decided to have it done for several reasons. My Grandpa was Jewish and he believed it should be done for religious reasons. And my hubby and family have had it done and because the men in his family shower together while on vacation and are a open family we decided to make sure all the men looked the same.

If you don't have it done it is not that hard to care for it... 1st year just wipe baby like any other baby. After 1st year you do have to pull the skin down to clean inside, but by 3-5 a child can learn to do this on their own in the bath. Some people say uncirc boys get more infections but I think it is from the lack of cleaning. My uncle was not circ as a baby and had fertility issues and in adulthood had it done and within 6mths got his wife pregnant after 15 years of trying.

If you do have it don... only have the Mogen Clamp or the Bell Clamp/Ring they are the safest. Never ever let them use a lazer or freehand knife. The ring takes longer and I don't like how long you have to watch it (my lil bro had one and it took 2wks), looks infected and gross until it is finally done. I chose the Mogen Clamp because of less accidents and it was fairly fast... 15 mins for it to be done, 2 days before it looked healed, no infections or bleeding. All I did was reapply a vasiline gauze with every diaper change, Dr said only a few times a day but I didn't want any infections.

Most people believe a child should be left intacted but other say a boy should look like daddy. There is a rise in uncirc boys but still most are circ. Some kids are made fun of in High School for not being circ but very few boys are naked in school these days because of bullying, butit is because of who is bigger and whatever. The schools in AZ have banned boys from removing their underwear and showers are now seperated.
    The bolded part is not true It's actually closer to 50/50 in the States. In Canada it's about 10% circed. I have 3 intact boys...for so many reasons... it would take half the day to list them out. The main one being that is THEIR body, so it is THEIR choice. I wouldn't remove a piece of somebody else without that person saying it is ok, especially if that surgery is purely cosmetic. There are times when a circ is absolutely necessary, but at 5 days old....rarely ever. I can't even understand why we as parents even have to think about this anymore. We don't cut our girls....our boys should have that same protection. Why are little boys being cut for no reason? I just don't get it

Before you decide make sure you watch a video of it being done and please be there for your little guy. And for the other arguments....I won't change my girl's labia or breasts to look like mine. Why do penis's have to "match"? My hubby is circed and he would never have his kids go through the same issues that he did from his botched circ. My kids have NEVER had an infection. UTI's are 3 times more common in girls than boys. As for the locker room one- I'm sorry but I would be teasing the guys that are looking at other guys penis's rather than the guy that has an intact one. Soon there will be more uncirced boys and then who will be in the minority? Look into the origins of circ and you will be shocked. It was never intended to be for cleanliness, HIV, UTI's, or because it "looks better". It was done for masturbation. The church(and one particular guy) thought masturbation was evil and so they thought that removing the foreskin would stop men from masturbating. Since then it has been a money making surgery and they(the Dr's and health authorities) have to come up with new so called "benefits" to it. I can guarantee you that there are many men out there with a foreskin and they are very happy to have it. My husband is working very hard to restore himself right now, for his own pleasure and health and for mine. I have researched circ/intactness for 6 years now so if you have any questions please feel free to ask!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All good points DoulaMama!

Other then the masturbation reason for circ, it is done for religious reasons and culture. Some cultures preform adult circ as a right of passage. Others preform it as a sign or the male being attached to a mate. And some people do it because yes they want it to look nice.

I will say that some friends of my sons are not circ and during the summer time all the boys swim, play, and pee in the bushes... ages are 7,5,4,4,3,3, and 1 no one has really noticed a difference and I would thinka 7 year old would be old enough to notice. NOTE - I don't believe in censorship when it comes to nudity and our group of friends are the same way so our kids swim naked if they choose to. I chose to be this way because my mom forced censorship on us and did not have talks with us even about AF or bras and because of this I had self-esteam issues.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All good points DoulaMama!

Other then the masturbation reason for circ, it is done for religious reasons and culture. Some cultures preform adult circ as a right of passage. Others preform it as a sign or the male being attached to a mate. And some people do it because yes they want it to look nice.

I will say that some friends of my sons are not circ and during the summer time all the boys swim, play, and pee in the bushes... ages are 7,5,4,4,3,3, and 1 no one has really noticed a difference and I would thinka 7 year old would be old enough to notice. NOTE - I don't believe in censorship when it comes to nudity and our group of friends are the same way so our kids swim naked if they choose to. I chose to be this way because my mom forced censorship on us and did not have talks with us even about AF or bras and because of this I had self-esteam issues.
    Bolded- I tend to stay away from the religious aspect of circ because it can get ugly real fast on a public discussion board. What I wrote above are my views on routine infant circ done in non-religious households for cosmetic or other reasons. Although, there is a growing number of Jewish people that are deciding against circ for their boys. I'll try to find the site. It's very interesting.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that site once... there are many interesting sites these days from all views. I included the religious and culture part because there are a lot of people on this site who are from all over and have different beliefs.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iyamaryam View Post
    Oh hun, I was just reading up webmd about this ysdy. I will do it cos of culture, religion and lifestyle. My DH n bros are circ n it's just what we are used to. I feel it's a personal decision though before I came to the states, I never even knew people had a choice about doing it or not. GL with what you decide.
    SAME HERE!!!!
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I included the religious and culture part because there are a lot of people on this site who are from all over and have different beliefs.
    2005, 2007, for a healthyin Oct 2011, looks like he's all

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast