Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We circumcised my son because my husband wanted his son to look like him. Seems like a superficial reason now. I had never thought twice about it; we live in a fairly conservative place, and I think it is the norm here. But my son had a TON of issues with his circumcision; the skin kept trying to re-adhere, and it was so painful for him when I had to pull the skin apart. If I had known that ahead of time, I wouldn't have done it!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband is circ, and I won't do it if we have a son, unless it is medically neccessary.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh this is all such amazing information!!! I still am confused though. I feel like it is unnecessary but at the same time I don't know anything else (never been with an intact man) so I guess the thought of having an intact child kind of scares me? Man this is a hard decision. I feel like I am the only one who is struggling this much with the decision...
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think they even do it down here unless it is deemed a medical reason. Because hubby is or isnt done is not a valid reason to many drs down here.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow... This has opened my eyes!! In the UK unless there is a medical problem or for religious beliefs this is just not even considered. I have never even thought about it lol... All my boys have their foreskin.

I found this interesting link about the percentages of circumcision for different countries.

http://www.circinfo.net/rates_of_circumcision.html
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
    Wow... This has opened my eyes!! In the UK unless there is a medical problem or for religious beliefs this is just not even considered. I have never even thought about it lol... All my boys have their foreskin.

I found this interesting link about the percentages of circumcision for different countries.

http://www.circinfo.net/rates_of_circumcision.html
    That was very interesting... so me being in the US I guess it just seemed a little more normal. The fact that my maternal grandpa and peternal great grandparents were Jewish it just seemed like the thing for us to do.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonarpia View Post
    Oh my gosh this is all such amazing information!!! I still am confused though. I feel like it is unnecessary but at the same time I don't know anything else (never been with an intact man) so I guess the thought of having an intact child kind of scares me? Man this is a hard decision. I feel like I am the only one who is struggling this much with the decision...
    I have been with only one intacted man and it just wasn't for me... But I guess if you really think about that is no reason to circ because ours sons will find partners that will like them the way they are!

Take your time deciding because you do still have time. My boys were circ at 8 days old, sometimes I do wish I hadn't and other times I am ok with it. It is a big decision so you and hubby do reading from all view points and decide together. Make a list of pros and cons. Talk about your feelings on it. Stay calm and listen to what the other person has to say. And don't listen to other family (IL's, parents, siblings, or whoever) because in the end the parent is the one that decides.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; June 2nd, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe wait until he is born and decide for sure? Honestly, I was all for it, and then when my son was taken away to have it done, I started crying (he was one day old) because I didn't want them cutting into his tiny little body. But afterwards I was fine with our decision, until he started having issues. In hindsight, I wish I had told the doctor not to do it!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My hubby and I talked about it again and neither of us feel like we could stand to be in the room. I literally think my husband will pass out. Is that a good enough reason to say that we will not do it? Or is that a stupid excuse and one of us should man up? (most likely me lol)
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are not able to be in the room that is fine... if you do have it done maybe be close enough to the room to hold him right away. If you are bfing then nurse him right away.

I choice to be in the room and honestly I understand why some parents don't want to go. As long as you talk to them before and know what method they will be using then that should be fine.

You still have sometime to decide and it should be thought about up until delivery. Find out where it will be done. Some people have it done in the hospital but from people I have talked to it is better to wait until after 5 days old so your baby can nurse and bond well with you. It makes the "after" nurseing better because the baby will calm down faster. Our peds dr did it (a male dr) and he said that a baby recovers faster and without infection if they are 5-7 days old.

Of course I was afraid of infections so I changed the guaze and neospren every 2hrs or every diaper change. Very easy to do prep before to make for a fast diaper change. We also used a larger diaper size to allow for less pressure on the area.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast