Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    If you are not able to be in the room that is fine... if you do have it done maybe be close enough to the room to hold him right away. If you are bfing then nurse him right away.

I choice to be in the room and honestly I understand why some parents don't want to go. As long as you talk to them before and know what method they will be using then that should be fine.

You still have sometime to decide and it should be thought about up until delivery. Find out where it will be done. Some people have it done in the hospital but from people I have talked to it is better to wait until after 5 days old so your baby can nurse and bond well with you. It makes the "after" nurseing better because the baby will calm down faster. Our peds dr did it (a male dr) and he said that a baby recovers faster and without infection if they are 5-7 days old.

Of course I was afraid of infections so I changed the guaze and neospren every 2hrs or every diaper change. Very easy to do prep before to make for a fast diaper change. We also used a larger diaper size to allow for less pressure on the area.
    I will make sure the doc is doing exactly what I want if I were to not be in the room!!! We would wait a week or so for sure, that is what my midwife suggested too. I do have time to decide and I hope by 40 weeks we will have made a decision. LOL!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to add that my son was completely numbed for his and did not cry. He nursed fine before and after. The days of no pain medication or the stupid sugar water are over. They actually do numb the area before the procedure. We had no problems and it was done in the hospital, the day after delivery by my OB(a man). If you choose to wait, I would make SURE to ask what pain medication he will be given for the procedure.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I just want to add that my son was completely numbed for his and did not cry. He nursed fine before and after. The days of no pain medication or the stupid sugar water are over. They actually do numb the area before the procedure. We had no problems and it was done in the hospital, the day after delivery by my OB(a man). If you choose to wait, I would make SURE to ask what pain medication he will be given for the procedure.
    Will do, thank you!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to add one small thing: I spent a few months in the U.S. and was completely surprised by the amount of people who chose circumcision because they were persuaded by their doctors that their son would catch less diseases if they did. As one lady said to me who chose as a family doctor one of the few doctors who was firmly against the procedure: "I'll just teach him how to wear a condom". Apparently a LOT of people thought that somehow their darling wouldn't catch STDs if they performed the procedure. Which is rather shocking - there are no such benefits. Also, in my country, boys are considered easier to deal with than girls "down there". It's not like it's hard. But then, circumcision here is the odd and different option, so we have a different opinion. Hope you make a decision you are happy with!

Oh, and here is a link about circumcision and disease: interesting reading:
    http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/STD/
    Last edited by Freya; June 6th, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I just wanted to add one small thing: I spent a few months in the U.S. and was completely surprised by the amount of people who chose circumcision because they were persuaded by their doctors that their son would catch less diseases if they did. As one lady said to me who chose as a family doctor one of the few doctors who was firmly against the procedure: "I'll just teach him how to wear a condom". Apparently a LOT of people thought that somehow their darling wouldn't catch STD's if they performed the procedure. Which is rather shocking - there are no such benefits. Also, in my country, boys are considered easier to deal with than girls "down there". It's not like it's hard. But then, circumcision here is the odd and different option, so we have different opinion.
    It is totally an asthetic thing...none of my doctors said anything other than do you want to have it done. I assure you, Americans are not as ignorant as TV and the media make us out to be!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if I made it sound like that , it must just have been the community I visited. Made me worried, though .
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think like dulamama 3pink and the others who would not do it. And just because you are not going to be in the room he will be , right? I don't know but I would not let anyone cut a piece of my baby for no good reason at all.
    But also Im not use to it. Where I growed up we never even heard of this. When I dated none of them was cut. Actually it looks so strange for me.
    Anyway I just hope 1 day soon I will be pregnant with a boy and have to think about this.
    Last edited by Flava; June 7th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    They numbed my boys too but mine cried even with sugar water... I think mostly because of being strapped.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I just wanted to add one small thing: I spent a few months in the U.S. and was completely surprised by the amount of people who chose circumcision because they were persuaded by their doctors that their son would catch less diseases if they did. As one lady said to me who chose as a family doctor one of the few doctors who was firmly against the procedure: "I'll just teach him how to wear a condom". Apparently a LOT of people thought that somehow their darling wouldn't catch STDs if they performed the procedure. Which is rather shocking - there are no such benefits. Also, in my country, boys are considered easier to deal with than girls "down there". It's not like it's hard. But then, circumcision here is the odd and different option, so we have a different opinion. Hope you make a decision you are happy with!

Oh, and here is a link about circumcision and disease: interesting reading:
    http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/STD/
    Down here it is the opposite, they say it does not increase infection in the female..
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe to much into the... infections and fertility issues. My Dr asked us because here it is done at the peds office and not the hospital, even a Rabbi does it in a peds office.

Every person will get an infection at some point. They could be very clean people, not so clean, or just unlucky and have bad genes. Children are fast learners and will learn to clean themselves just like any other child. My DS1 can wash his body from head to toe with soap he learned by watching dada or us instructing step by step. DS2 can wash his tummy but he is still learning.

Some people have fert. issues because of many reason and no one can look at an infant and say he needs to be circ because he wont be fertile... unless they were born with some type of visial defect that happens to liek 1 out of a billion boys.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast