Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vasa Previa - Has anyone heard of this?

Hi ladies, I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa at 19 weeks. I went in on Wednesday for my 8 week re-check in hopes of good news, but instead got even worse news. I am now diagnosed with complete placenta previa as well as vasa previa. I see my doctor on Monday and will be referred over to a MFM (perinatal dr) but am wondering if anyone either knows anything about this or has any experience with this? I would appreciate any insight.

Funny irony is that before I was so worried about the complete placenta previa and now that feels like a walk in the park. I am just concerned about baby...please say a prayer for us if you can. Thanks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, I am so sorry u r going through this. What did ur dr say the plan would be? R u on bed rest? I have read u would require a c-section. I have no experience but sending prayers ur way xxx
    Mummy to 2 wonderful little boys

Cycle #1 HRC- Aug 2013- Long lupron. 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilised. 8 biopsied day 5 acgh/day 6 fresh transfer. 5 normals- 4 XX, 1 XY- transferred grade A, fully hatched XX. BFP 4 dpt. 1st beta 9dpt 199, 2nd beta 14dpt dropped 46, 3rd beta 24- CHEMICAL!!!

Cycle # 2- FET- Dec 2013- cancelled due to late ovulation

Cycle #3- FET- Jan 2013-transferred 1 fully hatched grade AA blast- BFP 4dpt, 1st beta 9dpt 678, 2nd beta 12dpt 3195, 3rd beta 25dpt 56,000- 1 HB seen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh NO I'm so sorry to read this...as you already know it's not good but the most important thing is that they have detected it and can manage it and hopefully have a good outcome. Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way!!!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is serious! I have a friend IRL who had this, and she ended up with a c-section at 30 weeks. Everyone is fine, but bub wasn't even 3 lbs, and he was in NICU for a couple months. If you saw him today, you'd never know, he is a giant! GL to you, I'm stalking...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?