Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No clue if it goes here or not

But does anyone know if it's possible to get your tubes tied if you have a vaginal delivery? I am very, very, very, much DONE with having kids and I would like to get it done so that I don't ever have to worry about it again and no birth control either. Thanks in advance.
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure but you might want to look into "ensure." You have to wait until 3 months post partum I believe but it's a simple procedure done in an office visit and most insurance covers it. They're small inserts put into your Fallopian tubes and scar tissue forms around it so no eggs can get to your uterus and no sperm can get to the egg. It's much easier than a tubal from what I've heard.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard about that actually but I am not sure if my insurance will cover it and I am also not sure if the country where I might give birth at has this kind of thing. I am hoping to go to Cyprus to have my baby to be close to family so I will need to ask. Thanks
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell DH to get a vasectomy before the baby comes. It's an easier procedure for him that it would be for you, and Essure is getting some scary complications
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He won't do it, I have exhausted all arguments and he won't do it so I have to do it!
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where we are you can get a tubal while you are in the hospital, but many times throughout the pregnancy they have you sign something saying you do want one. I've heard they do this so they know for sure it's not just pregnancy hormones making the decision. It's gotten a lot less complicated and invasive...I've heard they go in through your belly button or make a very small incision close to it now? And recovery is a lot shorter now.
    I'm very fortunate as my husband is going to get snipped. Only fair...
    DS1 2009

DS2 2011

DS3 is here and precious as can be

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I wish mine would get the snip!!!!! But no matter how hard I try he won't budge so it's up to me to do it.
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    Oh I wish mine would get the snip!!!!! But no matter how hard I try he won't budge so it's up to me to do it.
    Arghhh, this has been the same with my husband! I think he's afraid honestly but he'd never admit it! I don't want to make someone do something they don't want to do either... But really all we have done for them??? C'mon!!
    He is thinking about it this time since we just found out we accidentally got pregnant with #4... Neither of us want that to happen again!!! I'm hoping he does! If not, if I get a c section, I'll get the tubes tied but I'll never let him live it down!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would tell DH that if doesn't get the snip, he doesn't get sexy times. I absolutely hate it when men expect women to get their tubes tied but refuse to get a vasectomy. After all that women put their bodies through to have kids, it is the least they can do.

Have you considered a copper IUD? Not permanent but long term, safs, and no surgery required.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Surprise #3 was a result of my Mirena falling out lol

It has to be permanent otherwise DH would want to keep on having kids. The not trying not preventing type of guy and it's NOT what I want so I am getting fixed instead :/
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast