Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeandDreamG View Post
    That's strange since my test also offers the sex chromosomes test option, which includes the detection of Turner syndrome (Monosomy X), Triple X (XXX), Klinefelter syndrome (XXY), and Jacobs syndrome (XYY), the most common fetal sex chromosome abnormalities (also called sex chromosome aneuploidies). Sex chromosome aneuploidies are conditions in which there is a change from the usual 2 copies of sex chromosomes in males (XY) or females (XX).
    The gender determination and sex chromosome abnormalities have not been recently added. MaterniT21 started offering gender determination around Sept 2012 and they collected data long before that they just didn't report it out to the patients (this is the validation data and where the 99.4% comes from). The sex chromosome abnormalities were being reported about Feb 2013 however, data on these were being collected long before that. Data is collected for awhile to get a statistically significant sample size and to capture the abnormalities they are testing for. In the last several months they have added 4 micro-deletions as well as two other trisomy tests.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeandDreamG View Post
    That's strange since my test also offers the sex chromosomes test option, which includes the detection of Turner syndrome (Monosomy X), Triple X (XXX), Klinefelter syndrome (XXY), and Jacobs syndrome (XYY), the most common fetal sex chromosome abnormalities (also called sex chromosome aneuploidies). Sex chromosome aneuploidies are conditions in which there is a change from the usual 2 copies of sex chromosomes in males (XY) or females (XX).
    I took that option with the harmony too. I'm hoping that 2 lots of testing, 1 for gender, and 1 for the sex chromosomes mentioned above mean that my test is correct as effectively a double check took place??
    GL to the OP getting some answers xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mrs_Incredible; May 19th, 2014 at 05:14 AM.
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this test avail in Australia ? How much does it cost and how early can it be done?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I understand the test isn't offered in Australia. Maybe that has changed recently though??

Mrs. I that isn't really how the test works. From what I understand they are counting relative numbers of chromosomes so it is one test run that gives all the results.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, thanks. We opted to look at the sex chromosomes so am taking it as a good sign that they only found XX
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,
    Did you ever figure out why your test was wrong? I just had this test completed and noone wants to give any more information why the incorrect tests occur.
    I would appreciate if you can give us an update.
    Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the tests are WAYYYYYY more accurate than ultrasounds and I would not be at all surprised to hear that this person ended up having what the blood test predicted.

PLEASE don't look for false hope from an Internet post when we're not even sure that the person is even legit, you know? If you got a Materniti21, Harmony, Panorama test, and didn't hear what you wanted to hear, the odds are sky high that you are not geting your desired gender. And this is true no matter how many posts you can dig up with people claiming that it didn't work for them on the basis of an ultrasound shot. Ultrasounds are wrong all the time, even ultrasounds that "should" be right. Techs are fallible and mistakes do happen.

I'm not saying any of these tests are 100% guarantees, but they ARE more reliable than ultrasounds, for the most part.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 3rd, 2016 at 02:30 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Incredible View Post
    Right, thanks. We opted to look at the sex chromosomes so am taking it as a good sign that they only found XX
    Just to update, Mrs. I was told girl on her blood tests, ultrasound looked boy at first, and she really worried about it for her whole pregnancy. It was a girl!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomics right! I read this post just after i got my harmony results, and it put a right damper on things! I had scans at 16, 17 (for gender because of it) and they did say girl, then 27 & 28 weeks for 4d and they confirmed girl. And my little girl arrived all girl ... It's still sinking in 10 weeks on, and on her birth day i was still worried it was wrong. The harmony result seemed too good to be true and this post didn't help my paranoia xx
    Thank you atomic

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    does anyone know what happened to icefloe though? wonder if she had a boy or a girl?
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast