Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Headaches during pregnancy?

Did anyone have headaches during any of their pregnancies and have a successful outcome?

I normally get migraines around the time of AF. But during my last pregnancy which ended in a missed miscarriage I didn't have any headaches until around 10 wks when the baby passed and which I didn't realize until my next Dr. appt at 12 wks.

This pregnancy I've had quite a few headaches and each time I'm very worried thinking that it must mean that I've miscarried and my body hasn't realized it yet. So I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance that some women have had headaches during pregnancy and have gone on to have healthy babies. Thanks!
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh sweetie, hang in there! I get migraines brought in from allergies, bright light/sun light, and weather fronts/systems. Ironically, I don't get migraines in pregnancy, just bad headaches.

I've had a flurry of bad headaches in early pregnancy with all of my pregnancies I've carried to term. I was told it is very normal as your body adjusts to the increase in blood volume that happens in early pregnancy that triggers headaches usually in women that are prone to them (but not always). Count it as a good thing that you are getting them, because your body is adjusting to the baby and it's needs!! They should get better around 12-16 weeks .

Hang in there and know that Tylenol, in safe amounts and the lowest dose needed for the shortest amount of time, will be your friend.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a fair few headaches when I was pregnant and was told mine was likely more to do with more of a blood flow than normal. I was told they were generally nothing to worry about too much unless I could barely function because of the pain.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always gotten headaches during pregnancy starting early on x
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! It wasn't a bad headache, it went away after I ate and drank something and was able to sit down for a few minutes. It is just hard not being able to know if everything is working out as it should.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

7. Likes True Blue, XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had horrible headaches in early pregnancy with all my successful pregnancies. My 3rd, I had a migraine for a week straight and he is now sitting at the table doing arithmetic.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Junie liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    Different people have different experience. But it's common to get headaches during pregnancy, That is a biggest reason, Headaches are triggered by the hormonal changes that are happening in your body.
    Thanks

11. Likes Junie liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like xX im a migraine sufferer but seem to get less in pregnancy. Now that being said I get tons of headaches - especially first trimester. It's certainly not a sign of miscarriage love. Just take it easy and stay hydrated as much as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

13. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had AWFUL headaches every day for the first 3 months during my first pregnancy and everything was fine. During this, my 3rd, I was nauseous for the first 3 months and now headaches every day during the 2nd trimester ugh it sucks. I only take Tylenol if absolutely necessary to function. Coffee seems to help sometimes. (Which I usually never drink) with my first pregnancy I stayed away from EVERYTHING. With this one I am much more lenient lol

15. Likes Junie, atomic sagebrush liked this post