Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face HORRIBLE morning sickness!!!

Hey ladies! I am 5w4d into this pregnancy and I can already tell that I am going to be going down the same route as I did with DS2. I had HG with him and had to be hospitalized twice for IV fluids. If I can I would really REALLY like to prevent it from getting that bad again. So far I am still able to eat, I can manage to eat an apple for breakfast and carrots with ranch for lunch and, if I'm lucky, I will have some popcorn or noodles for supper. I can only drink water and that is actually starting to make me gag. With my second son I went from 115lbs to 101lbs by the time I was 16 weeks (I'm 5'7 so that was pretty low for me). So far I have lost 5lbs! My doctors have me on an antacid since heartburn contributes to my sickness and I'm also on B6 and Unisom. If they don't work by 6 weeks I'll be put on something stronger.

My question is: anyone who has had HG did you do anything to help with morning sickness and it actually worked? So far NOTHING is working for me and I am worried it's going to get to the point I can barely even keep down water again. Last time I was SUPER lucky and my sickness just went to my normal morning sickness at 16 weeks and I was able to eat again. I know many women who deal with it all pregnancy long and I am terrified of that happening, especially since I lose weight so easily.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there ANYTHING you can eat (even something not terribly healthy). I know a lady who ate nothing but M and M's for a few weeks with HG because it was the only thing she could eat.

I have never had HG but have had some bad MS in my time and the thing that helped me was having something sour to suck on all day long like jolly ranchers or Lemon drops. Cold things like popsicles or frozen lemonade I could manage too. I also ate frozen blueberries just straight from a bag.

Water always made me sick! Can you drink anything aside from water or is that the only thing you can manage? Even soda pop would give your body something to run on for a little while
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So far coke has been the only other thing that I can drink. It actually soothes my stomach for a short while, surprisingly. Anything else leaves a horrible aftertaste. I've been sucking on spearmint candies to help since EVERYTHING I eat leaves an aftertaste that (I think) causes me to vomit. I'll try some frozen fruit pops, I have had luck with fruits so fruit pops and frozen fruit might really help! Thank you for the tips! Even though coke seems so unhealthy to me it does add in some calories so I will drink it more often.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand your torture!!

I posted this back in May!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/preg...-diclegis.html

I don't lose weight but gain because if I didn't eat every hour I feel even more horrible but when I did I would have to run to the bathroom as I could feel it all coming up along with tons of acid terrible!

I tried it all in the end I did take 1/2 tab of 8mg Zofran almost daily. At 14-16 weeks finally settled down!

PS I'm sipping Coke right now, settles my stomach and doesn't leave that terrible after taste in my mouth *sigh*

Hope you feel better
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

6. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coke slushies from 7 Eleven used to help me. It's the combination of coke syrup and extreme coldness. You can actually buy pure coke syrup on Amazon to take by the spoonful but I'm not sure if that will help as much.

My midwife said to eat anything that sounded appealing as you get a pass during the first trimester. The only thing I could stomach was Kraft macaroni and cheese and canned fruit cocktail!!! Things I would never normally buy or eat! I pretty much ate only this for days!

The Unisom B6 did help a little the second time around and eventually I had to make sure to eat every hour and it had to be something with protein as eating pure carbs made me sicker.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will tell you 110% water made me throw up when I was pregnant. I would stick to Coke and I agree with essences' midwife - you get a pass in the first tri!!!! Even if it's unhealthy overall, the rules have changed here and we have to get something into you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been sipping on coke all day today and it has made quite the difference! I may buy some of the coke syrup too, I did a little research today and found many women use coke syrup for nausea. Today may just have been a fluke, but I'm really keeping my hopes up that coke is what will help me. I was on Zofran with DS2 and it didn't work for me The only thing that worked was the IV anti-nausea meds that they gave me while I was getting IV fluids. But every pregnancy is different and it may work this time! I know that is what my doctor said he would prescribe me if I hadn't maintained my weight this week. Thank you for all the great tips!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

12. Likes essnce629, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please keep us updated on how things are going. My best friend is pregnant with her 3rd (after 3 losses in a row) and is going through similar morning sickness. I was just telling her about sipping on coke throughout the day as well. The Unisom and B6 isn't working for her.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kitty0911 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes eat and drink what you can. I would say lay off anything mint though as that is worse for heartburn.
    Its A Girl!!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kitty0911 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been a week now and my morning sickness is bearable! I got some coke syrup and I've been taking a tablespoon worth in the morning when I get up and even though it's horrible going down it makes me feel almost normal for the beginning of the day! For some reason it doesn't help much once the afternoon comes, but it's nice being able to function in the mornings again I'm still sipping on coke throughout the day and it's helping me keep my tummy settled enough to eat.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

18. Thanks essnce629 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast