Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

18 weeks hardly showing and no movements?

So i'm 18 weeks pregnant and i'm hardly showing and feeling any movements. When i do feel "something" i'm not convinced its the baby. I am really starting to worry, my next appointment is next Friday. So i'm wondering when did you feel your baby move for sure the first time and when did you really start to show with your first pregnancy?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a lot of factors that play a part. With my first pregnancy I started to show and nedd new clothes, after 20 weeks but the second and third quite ealrier though I could still hide my belly if I wanted. Regarding baby movements, I started feeling my first (not kicks, just mild movements) about 15weeks and my second around 13weeks. This time I have anterior placenta and I haven't felt any major movements yet, though I've read that it's common when one has anterior placenta.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't stress yourself too much , Is this your first baby ? If so you will feel movement soon . They say after a couple of pregnancys you feel movement early only bcos you know what it feels like. (remember they sleep alot)
    With my first I didn't feel anything til I was about 19weeks.
    As baby grow especially last trimester, baby will kick hard lol I will never forget my 2nd I was shopping a week before i had him and he just decided to lay on one side so my belly looked funny .
    Take care

And My Beautiful Daughter
    Thank you Lord & Genderdreaming

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 19 weeks with my first before I started to feel kicks and even then, it was intermittent. Like Faith said, they sleep a lot. And some are just less active than others. It also doesn't feel like full on kicks in the beginning either, more like flutters. I was also 19 weeks when my belly popped out a little. But even then, it was hardly noticeable to most people. I could still easily hide under loose shirts.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's rather common to not feel a whole lot of movement at that point if it's your first. I remember being 20 weeks with DS1 and only feeling little kicks here and there every few days (like little taps so barely anything). It scared me because I thought I was supposed to be feeling movement all the time but really they're so little you may not feel much. With my second though I felt movement sooner but that's more typical for subsequent pregnancies. I started showing a around 16-17 weeks with DS1 and around 12-14 weeks with DS2 but I'm short and small framed so my belly had nowhere to go but out! lol
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't fret! I was 19-20 weeks before I felt movement consistently with my DS1. I also didn't start to have a traditional pregnant belly until 24 weeks. Up until then, I just looked like I was about to start AF! It was rather frustrating, because I was so excited, and I wanted to look pregnant!

Hang in there! You will feel the baby move all the time and look pregnant soon!

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

7. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one of mine who didn't move much till after that point. I had a placenta in the front and couldn't feel anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think more around 20 weeks is normal. At 13 weeks babe is sooo tiny not sure how anyone can feel that vs other stomach movements lol but you can't tell a prego woman anything. Everyone is diff. Don't stress. What day you will feel something and no w/o a doubt that was baby
    Its A Girl!!