Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1 and 3 very very common. Especially since parents and relatives pass to kids. I got from my first kiss
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never heard of the one place? I have had on top, bottom, corner, anywhere on the darn mouth. Of course inside are just canker sores. Cold sore is just a nice way of saying herpies lol
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get one outbreak while prego. Sounds like you have had for years like me which is good because it means you get them less frequently and have the antibodies built up. Don't worry.
    Its A Girl!!

4. Thanks TaytumJ thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atsaukina, my dad and I were tested and we seem never to have caught it, FWIW. I know a ton of couples who have been together for years and only one party has it. Some tested and confirmed, some not.

I had a friend in college who lost her virginity and contracted genital herpes 2. He was a douche, too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Genetic Disorder?

I'll ask again Monday and see if they recommend a test. It does seem like the longer you've had it, the more antibodies you have so I hope that means the one outbreak I had in first tri means I'm good to go for a while!

That would be the worst, Maiden!! DH though has never had an outbreak on his face ever (or genitals) and we've been together 10 years. He's never been tested either.

I hate having it though. So embarrassing, even though I know HSV1 is common.

Team green baby due May 21!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maidenmother- that's great news. Hope I haven't passed to him or my kids. A trick for anyone who has them- ice when you feel the first tingle of one coming on can stop it in its tracks.
    Its A Girl!!

8. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can imagine Taytum, I have rosacea and I'm very self conscious about it, and it's not stigmatised. I wish there wasn't so much herpes stigma as I know my brother is very upset he has it.

Atsaukina, I love your avatar! It makes me so happy every time I see it. I've never heard of that ice trick, good to know! The antivirals especially in pill form seem to help a lot, from what I've seen.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I feel a tingle I'll try to immediately take my medication, and then, as weird as it sounds, I'll use fingernail polish remover on the site. It dries it out instantly! Then I'll alternate with extra L-Lysine supplements and cream, as that has worked well for me.

Hopefully these last 4-6 weeks are uneventful and I won't have to worry at all about it!

Team green baby due May 21!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Herpes is a contagious virus and not a genetic disorder. I think there is some confusion about what is going on here.

If a mom contracts herpes of ANY sort DURING pregnancy for the first time, typically the last trimester of preganncy but more likely right around birth, it can be a problem because there are no antibodies that mom has passed to baby. It is not terribly common but it does sadly happen on rare occasions that a mom will give her newborn the disease and since baby has no antibodies it is very very dangerous, usually fatal (even just the cold sore kind, unfortunately). The first time a child contracts the cold sore type of herpes full blown they do get quite ill and it's too much for a newborn without any antibodies.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 27th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Likes Atsaukina1, TaytumJ liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you've had them since childhood you will have the antibodies that will protect your newborn from the disease.

I found the greatest remedy for them it's called "Blistex Deep Renewal" that stuff works. I am plagued by them and always have been, and it has completely cured me over the last year since I found it. highly recommend.

Amazon.com: Blistex Deep Renewal Lip Protectant SPF 15 Sunscreen: Health & Personal Care
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast