Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally pregnant but miserable

I tried for 4 years to get pregnant. Now i finally am, over the moon and hoping its a healthy baby girl. I swayed carefully and im praying.

And puking. A lot

I was never sick w my boys. But this is ridiculous. Im making up for the other two. Sick and tired all the time, and hate my favorite foods and coffee!!

Any sickness tips?

Ginger chews are a NO, made it worse.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried the Unisom B6 combo? 1/2 tablet of Unisom (over-the-counter sleep aid) and 50mg of vitamin B6 every night before bed. It completely cured me of my morning sickness with DS1 and definitely made me able to be able to eat again with DS2.

Also, eating every 2 hours and making sure everything I put in my mouth contained protein helped. Eating sugary foods or carbs on their own made me more nauseous.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Essnce on having frequent meals/snacks especially with protein. With DS2 I made sure to never let myself get too hungry because then the nausea was way worse. I'm not saying it was a cure or anything but it did help.

I stumbled across this article last night and it might be worth a try! She's a nutritionist and suggests eating beans for morning sickness because the fiber binds to the bile that causes nausea. KarenHurd.com
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonderful, thank you! One day ill be totally fine, then the nwxt im sicker than a dog.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's SO HARD. It just saps you.

My advice is Jolly Ranchers or other sour candy. ALLL the time. If those don't work, try mint ones, they work for some people.

The important thing, and this feels very counterintuitive and tough to do when queasy, is not letting yourself get hungry. Food, even if just mostly sugar, really helps settle things down. With my first I threw up every day for 3 months but then I learned to always have something in my tummy and it really helped a lot. Frozen berries I found went down very nicely.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Little Lunasa liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't trying to undermine what essnce was saying there - I personally couldn't always do protein foods and I found eating ANYTHING even if it was just sugar, was helpful to me. But protein is great too and def. sticks to your ribs longer than sugary stuff - I'm just saying that helped me. I had a hard time with cheese and eggs and meat and nuts and hummus and beans and so on LOL With my 5th pregnancy the only protein I could eat for 4 solid months was Big Macs. o.O
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive actually been doing frozen berries, and lemon heads lol

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found that drinking mint water helped a lot! I get the MetroMint brand. It's mild and no sugar in it, but the hint of mint helped settle my stomach. I think I sipped it non-stop or about 4 months with my youngest ds. I was ordering cases from Amazon. lol!

Beans helped me a bit this time around when I could stomach them. Like a mild burrito. Some days I could and some days no way. If I couldn't handle protein at all (still having issues with that at 21 weeks!), I just ate plain bagels. I echo what atomic said--it did get even worse if I didn't eat at ll. Even nibbling on dry toast was better than nothing.

And stay hydrated! I was dizzy almost my entire first 2 months until my midwife told me to drink more water. I honestly thought I was drinking a lot (sipping Mint Water all day), but when I upped it, I felt so much better. She aid it's really common when nausea to not drink enough.
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat. All these losses in a row, and now finally a sticky pregnancy, but absolutely miserable. I'm not proud of it, but I'm on Zofran now. My doctor saw me vomit right before her eyes in the exam room...I just could not stop it - and she said, "That's it, you're getting Zofran." "But I heard it causes birth defects!" I exclaimed. "BS," she replied. "That's the lawyers. I took it with all of my pregnancies. It's totally safe." I am on it and I feel like a new person. Not a 100% healthy person - I still throw up occasionally - but I don't feel on the edge of death every second of the day. I'm on 4mg twice a day. I take it in the morning at work and feel okay until mid-afternoon, when I start to decline, and then I take it when I get home at 5:30 so that I can be a present and loving mother and wife. Before Zofran, all I did was lie on the couch and basically cry every night about how bad I felt. Needless to say, DH LOVES Zofran. He kind of has his wife and helper back.

Prior to caving and going on Zofran, the things that temporarily helped me were ice cold lemon water and salty peanut butter crackers. And I agree with Atomic that anytime I let myself get hungry, it was like a train that couldn't be stopped. I threw up, always. So I had to keep eating, all day long.

I don't know what I'm having yet. I keep thinking all of this torture would be easier to bear if I knew my sway worked. Good luck!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. Another disgusting thing I have going on is constant spitting. I googled it - apparently excessive saliva is a real issue in pregnancy. I have to carry a cup with me at all times. It is so gross. Even the sight of my cup makes me gag. And all the spitting does dehydrate me. So I also always have a bottle of cold lemon water with me too. I am one big ball of disastrous nausea right now!!!

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast