Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

terrible food aversions....need meal ideas

Instead of having morning sickness this time around, I have terrible food aversions. It makes it really hard to meal plan especially when it comes to dinner because I usually make something for DH and I to eat (the boys are picky so I make something separate for them). For breakfast for the past several weeks all I can manage is greek yogurt and plain frozen waffles. For lunch I almost always have a veggie wrap. Dinner is the worst and there are times where I have to force myself to eat but then I end up nauseated because I'm so grossed out. Pasta and tomato/creamy sauces are a no-go, meat I have a hard time with, nothing buttery or rich, no beans either. Fruits and veggies appeal to me (especially raw), cheese is okay in small amounts, rice and potatoes are okay too and eggs as well but only if they're hard-boiled. I almost threw up trying to eat them scrambled. lol Do you see how hard it is to make a dinner that appeals to me? lol Meal suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Frittata with zuccini and carrot (although I don't know if this will resemble scrambled eggs too much), steamed dim sims (my go-to when I had morning sickness), mashed potato with veggies done in the slow cooker, fried rice, cous cous and roasted veggies, hash browns, baked polenta with Parmesan on top, gnocci, broccoli and cauliflower cheese, pumpkin soup and toast (or any veggie soup really), pita bread pizzas.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

3. Thanks ksmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot about veggie soup! I ate the canned kind quite a bit really early on because it was one of the few things that sounded good. Thank you!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

5. Likes atomic sagebrush, familymatters liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just do what you can do. I also had food aversions with my last pregnancy instead of nausea. I ended up having to go to McDonalds like 4x a week because the only thing I could stand eating was Big Macs.

The foods you CAN eat are very balanced and healthy so I would just focus on eating what you can - hard boiled eggs, veggies, waffles for dessert - there is actually nothing wrong with that at all!!! This too shall pass!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes ksmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I guess it's just hard because I'm quite hungry but since I want fruits and veggies most of the time, it's really hard to fill up on those. I do try to fill up more on hard boiled eggs and waffles but it's still not the same as a "regular" meal. Meal planning is the worst because DH likes meat but planning any dinners with meat is utterly nauseating to me. lol I'm managing though. I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow so hopefully my food aversions dissipate as I get closer to the second trimester.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ksmom can I just ask how many weeks were you when the food aversions eased? I'm headed for 8 weeks and it's at a peak. Never had it so bad before. It's absolutely wretched!!! I'm taking Cariban for the nausea but I feel it's mostly the food aversions that is making this time unbearable!! DH is less than sympathetic

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not ks but I had them all thru the pregnancy. It was really hard for me to eat meat or anything with garlic like salsa or hummus through the entire pregnancy. My fresh garlic aversion continued even beyond when I had the baby and one brand of salsa I STILL can't handle even the smell of it 6 years later (which, of course, is my husband's favorite salsa, LOL)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    Ksmom can I just ask how many weeks were you when the food aversions eased? I'm headed for 8 weeks and it's at a peak. Never had it so bad before. It's absolutely wretched!!! I'm taking Cariban for the nausea but I feel it's mostly the food aversions that is making this time unbearable!! DH is less than sympathetic

I had really awful food aversions with DD until almost 17 weeks (which was a real bummer, as this meant that both American Thanksgiving and Christmas were affected for me :P). They eventually let up around 17/18 weeks, and VERY quickly -- like almost immediately I couldn't remember what the aversions had even felt like! My coffee aversion was VERY early with her and lasted until I was done breastfeeding her at 16 months! Only helped my blue sway

What helped me was often just ALWAYS taking my prenatals, and I found mixing things into scrambled eggs (veggies, etc.) helped me get in some necessary food!

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush, hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic and TP. It's just out of control and I'm driving everyone crazy. I'm not able to stand the smell of strong smelling foods cooking. We are all surviving on potatoes and steamed veg like carrots and peas. Maybe a little chicken. I'm letting myself get hungry cause I can't think of anything I could eat that I won't gag when I put in my mouth. So then the nausea starts. It's unreal. I have always had some form of food aversion during pregnancy, it's came with the nausea (or in the case of my first two pregnancies, it was HG so I wasn't really eating anyway!) But man, oh man, severe food aversion is the worst!! I'm 8 weeks now (barely) I know I can get through this but so much hoping it eases off as the second trimester starts
    Either it eases off or DH is going to divorce me. He was on board for one more child but this is tipping him over the edge. Our friend was over last night and I was nibbling a few crackers and my stomach was growling sooooo loud. Our friend was like WTH is that. And he felt so sorry for me cause I LOVE my food. It was nice feeling a little sympathy instead of the anger bristling off DH constantly. It makes this so much harder to deal with

2012 2014 2016

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post

Hi Hopper! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I don't remember exactly when the aversions started to ease a bit but I think it was around the start of my 2nd trimester? I remember around 13/14 weeks I was able to stomach lasagna at a family dinner. I do remember I spent most of my pregnancy not caring much for meat but I was (very heavily) pregnant at Thanksgiving and Christmas so I know I ate meat then. I'm pretty sure I was more than halfway through my pregnancy before my aversions weren't really a problem anymore but don't quote me on that because my memory's a little fuzzy!

It's funny because even now I still can't stomach certain things. Eggs kinda make me gag unless they're scrambled or hard boiled. If they're runny in any way...yuck. lol I also don't eat red meat either.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

18. Thanks atomic sagebrush, hopper thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast