Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really sorry for you Beau, I hope it is not a miscarriage but the waiting to know for sure is agonizing. It's not quite the same but I had bleeding like this at about 5.5 weeks with my last pregnacy. Didn't last longer than a day and can't remember cramping in partciular but I was convinced the first time I saw blood that it was a miscarriage. Because it was so early I had a couple of options, do the bloodwork or wait til 7/8 weeks and see if a pelvic ultrasound could pick up a heartbeat. I decided to wait for the ultrasound since the blood test wouldn't give me immediate results either and I just monitored the bloodloss at the time. At my ultrasound the tech found one healthy 8 week old and one empty sac. She explained that situations like this (think it's called a blighted ovum) are surprisingly common and that we only have found out how common as ultrasounds have improved in quality in the last decade. In my case it was comforting to know that the bleeding could be explained and that it wasn't likely to happen again. It is still possible that things are ok. Hope you have support during this time.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

2. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope everything turns out ok for you Beau and that tomorrow you get to see a healthy bub on the ultrasound. So sorry you have to wait so long. Just to give you some hope I had bright red bleeding at 8 weeks for a morning so went to our emergency department as I too thought I was having a miscarriage. After 4 hours was finally able to have an ultrasound and see a bub with a heartbeat. Bleeding stopped that day. I hope you get some reassurance tomorrow it is tough not knowing what is going on.

4. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you are going through this it is a pity they didn't have a portable ultrasound machine to check as that is what they have done here for me. The tech should be able to at least tell you if it looks viable as they can show you the heartbeat. Hopefully you will see that tomorrow.

I have had it go both ways with bleeding so it is possible it will be ok. I really hope it is all ok.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

6. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh how awful Beau, we're here for you if you need to work through these feelings while waiting -- waiting is the hardest part sometimes!

Did you have sex or any sort of exam recently? Like you said: brown/dark red usually means old blood or irritation! Even bright red can sometimes be ok. Amount is a big one too -- soaking through more than one pad every few hours is the warning sign; brown spotting on a liner, even over a few days, sounds really normal (though frightening).

I fully empathize with your anxiety though -- I hope you get to see your healthy bean on the U/S soon!

8. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any news?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that was a draining day. I had an abdominal and a transvaginal ultrasound at 9 this morning and then I waited until after 1pm for the results. Busy day in the ER I guess. My bloodwork is consistent with that of a 6 week pregnancy and there is a 6 week gestational sac with no heartbeat. I should be at least 8.5 weeks. The doctor said there is a very slim chance that it's just too early to see a heartbeat but it's not likely. I really can't see how it would be possible for me to be only 6 weeks, my last period was November 1st.
    So anyway, I go in for bloodwork again tomorrow morning to check levels against yesterday's to see if there's any change and then I'll see my doctor in the afternoon, I guess to officially call it a miscarriage. I thought I was cried out but apparently not. I went in this morning fully expecting to hear that I miscarried and then all the waiting around just gave me time to think and hope. So I'm trying but it's tough, as I'm sure a lot of you know.
    Thank you all so very much for the support, it really helps more than you know.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beau, I'm so sorry. Waiting in suspense is so awful, I'm sorry after all that you had to get bad news.
    I went through this recently as well, let me know if you ever want to talk.
    Last edited by Erin514; January 16th, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

13. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sorry to hear your sad news Beau.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

15. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Beau. Is there any chance you ovulated later than you think? When was you first bfp?

I did have a scan with this one at 6wks when we only saw the sac and no hb but if you are pretty sure of your dates then it doesn't look too hopeful.

Take care, it is a hard thing to go through

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

17. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Sorry Beau. Is there any chance you ovulated later than you think? When was you first bfp?

I did have a scan with this one at 6wks when we only saw the sac and no hb but if you are pretty sure of your dates then it doesn't look too hopeful.

Take care, it is a hard thing to go through
    I thought for a minute that 6 weeks gestational age might be ok since I'm sure I ovulated late and may have had a late implantation. But I passed a couple of large clots with some fairly painful cramping so I'm about certain that it's over unfortunately.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast