Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 weeka - brown/dark red spotting

***TMI WARNING***

So yesterday evening I noticed a bit of brown spotting in my underwear and when I wiped. I put a liner in just so I could measure if it happened again. I spotted through the night and still this morning. It's not a lot, just when I wipe and a little on the liner. I was feeling really heavy in my lower abdomen last night, maybe light cramping but it's possible that part was all in my head as, admittedly, I panicked a little when it started. I know brown/dark red means old blood but is it normal for it to go on for a few days? A few weeks? I'm not sure at what point I should worry. I haven't had an ultrasound yet nor have I heard the heartbeat. I was a little late contacting my gp so my referral to my ob was later than usual. I expect a call from her any day though. Of course this would happen on a weekend!

Edited to add - I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday when going by when I think I ovulated. According to lmp, I'll be 11 weeks.
    Last edited by Beau82; January 14th, 2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of women have spotting in pregnancy and their babies are born perfectly healthy. If you aren't having much cramping and it's a small amount of blood, it's not necessarily a problem. Is there somewhere you could get in soon for an U/S or even just a Doppler to reassure you? At 10 weeks it shouldn't be too hard to find the heartbeat so I would think even a walk-in clinic with a Doppler could help you confirm if things are ok.

Good luck and keep us updated. I hope everything's OK.
    Last edited by Erin514; January 14th, 2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. It does help just to have someone else say "hey, it's ok". I'm sure it's fine, I'll just wait it out until Monday when I can call my doctor. I don't think there are any clinics that have dopplers unfortunately. Unless I were to go to urgent care at the hospital and potentially wait hours. I'll just try to keep my mind off it and think about other things.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    ***TMI WARNING***

So yesterday evening I noticed a bit of brown spotting in my underwear and when I wiped. I put a liner in just so I could measure if it happened again. I spotted through the night and still this morning. It's not a lot, just when I wipe and a little on the liner. I was feeling really heavy in my lower abdomen last night, maybe light cramping but it's possible that part was all in my head as, admittedly, I panicked a little when it started. I know brown/dark red means old blood but is it normal for it to go on for a few days? A few weeks? I'm not sure at what point I should worry. I haven't had an ultrasound yet nor have I heard the heartbeat. I was a little late contacting my gp so my referral to my ob was later than usual. I expect a call from her any day though. Of course this would happen on a weekend!

Edited to add - I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday when going by when I think I ovulated. According to lmp, I'll be 11 weeks.
    It's obviously not what anyone ever wants to see but most of the time it turns out to be just from the cervix. Your cervix is really soft at this stage of pregnancy (all thru pregnancy actually) and so it can sometimes get a little owie on it from sex or even just going #2 and then since you're making a lot of lochia it looks like more than it really is.

Sending and positive thoughts your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well just to update, I feel like signs may point to miscarriage. The "spotting" got heavier but it was still brown earlier today. Then it changed to dark red but got slightly lighter and I had some mild cramping. Not doubled over in pain kind of cramping but still more than what I've had. It's back down to just spotting now but it does look to be more of a bright red. So I'm feeling pretty down now. And barring going to emergency on a Sunday, I probably won't have any answers until Monday at the earliest. And even then, my doctor doesn't have an ultrasound machine in her office so besides checking for a heartbeat, there's not much else she could do.
    And DH, bless his heart, thinks he's helping by telling me the things we will be able to do this summer since I won't be having a baby. Um no, stop talking.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. I really hope it turns out OK for you.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

7. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, Beau, I'm so sorry. Praying for a miracle.

9. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to go to the ER at the hospital just for peace of mind. Didn't get it unfortunately. The doctor did bloodwork, urine test and a pelvic exam. He "didn't see signs of a miscarriage" but won't know more until the ultrasound which is booked for tomorrow morning since they don't do ultrasounds on Sundays.
    So I don't know anymore. I had to work up the courage to go in there and get myself prepared to hear "you lost the baby" from a professional and now I have to do it all over again tomorrow. And I don't even know the protocol here. I doubt the technician would be allowed to tell me anything conclusively. So I'll wait again for a doctor I guess. Just frustrated.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry, beau. They treat us like pieces of meat in there, unfortunately.

I am so hoping and praying for very good news tomorrow. hugest ((((hugs)))).

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the prayers atomic. I'll admit that I have the tiniest bit of hope when he didn't say that the pelvic exam showed definite miscarriage. But I'm certainly not jumping for joy. Not until I see baby looking perfect on screen. I'm still skeptical, bleeding and cramping can't be good. I'll expect the worst and hope for the best. I just need the next 17 hours to go by quickly!
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast