Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Viability day! Never thought we'd get here

Wow, today is viability day (24w)! Never thought we'd get here. It feels like only yesterday we were getting scanned at the ER for unexplained bleeding at 16w, and making it to V-day seemed soooo far away.

But somehow, we made it, and everyday baby girl stays in there it gets better and better.

Finally starting to buy some stuff, picking up a secondhand Peg Perego stroller today. Funny thing is, after wishing for a girl for so long, I am getting really, really tired of that shade of pink - that pastel bubblegum shade that EVERYTHING seems to be in for baby girls. I need more bright colours but everything seems to be pastel pink and lavenders. Bleeeeeeh. I sometimes think now gosh, the baby boy everyday clothes are cuter LOL......I mean the baby girl dresses are still absolutely precious, but I admit the baby girl everyday shirts/onesies/pj's really need to come in colours other then the same danged shade of pink.

Pregnancy wise the spotting is still a regular occurrence, but just irritating, and my SPD is starting to flair up again. I'd hoped to avoid it this time (my hips were pretty much nonfunctional by third tri with my last pregnancy) but I guess not. Pubic pain sucks!

I don't think the worrying ever stops, now I worry less about finding the heartbeat everyday with the doppler and get more obsessed with feeling enough movement, but it still feels really nice to have gotten this far. Fingers crossed we keep on baking for another 3 months!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Viability day! Never thought we'd get here

Yay, Lace! I'm SO happy for you ! I totally agree with you on the pink and purple! I too freak out about movement, but I am 3 weeks behind you and have a high, anterior placenta. I feel her more than I used to but markedly less than my 3 boys. Every time I've had a scan (3 now), I'm blown away at how much she's moving in there! Yet I only feel a fraction of it, haha!

I am beyond thrilled for you and your family! With all that you have been through...I can't wait to see pics when she is here!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

3. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yah I have an anterior placenta too, but it's low (was low lying for awhile), and I've felt movement since pretty early on. However - she still has quiet days and it freaks the hell out of me!! Yesterday night she pretty much booted the crap out of me non stop from 10pm-2am (it was awesome) and this morning she's been really active, but yesterday afternoon I didn't feel much. I'm still too early to really do kick counts, and yes my worrywart self has checked with L&D at the hospital. I too have seen baby moving and even completely flipping around during a scan and not felt anything so I know it's possible, especially if she's facing my spine. It doesn't stop me freaking out though......LOL

What I really need to do is have hubby hide the damned doppler now because all it ever does is make me freak out. I never fail to find the hb on the doppler but I overobsess over the rate which is stupid.

I actually don't remember how much movement I felt with my boys, it's been so long and also our loss issues didn't start until afterwards, so I simply wasn't paying that much attention. I never worried about things going wrong with any of them - now, I know too danged much!!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush, 1pinkplease. liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Lace I'm so happy for you!!

Agree about the pink BTW - I bought literally anything I could get my hands on in other colors since i knew everyone would give me tons of pink (and they did LOL) I ended up getting quite a few black/navy clothes just to give my eyes a rest!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good idea, AS. I've only been buying used lots of clothes off Facebook so far though, and they tend to be gender sorted so it's either allllllll pink/purple or very boy. :P Oh well, it's a minor annoyance, but gosh I want some bright colours - yellows, oranges, reds, teals, colours!!!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats I'm very happy for you! I agree with the pink stuff....
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    That's a good idea, AS. I've only been buying used lots of clothes off Facebook so far though, and they tend to be gender sorted so it's either allllllll pink/purple or very boy. :P Oh well, it's a minor annoyance, but gosh I want some bright colours - yellows, oranges, reds, teals, colours!!!
    On FB there is a group of women who resell very gently used Lolly Wolly Doodle clothes and I got tons of cute, practically new looking stuff from there with lots of color in it.

11. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard of Lolly Wolly Doodle but I'll look it up - thanks!!

Thankfully managed to sell our double bike trailer/stroller this weekend, which paid for the used Peg Perego stroller system and the heap of clothes I've picked up the last few days LOL. Between sorting through all our old baby clothes and the new stuff I think poor hubby is getting really really tired of mini-clothes. LOL.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want a variety of colors I recommend primary.com. Everything they make comes in a rainbow of beautiful, solid colors. Their little baby dresses sure are cute!

15. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    weirdly, that was the only thing my hubby was uncharacteristically tolerant of. he was like "I understand that you only get to do this once...ONCE, do you hear me! This is it! We're done! Buy all the crap you want, no more babies!"

(I may have taken some editorial liberties with that quote.)

Enjoy every moment!

17. Thanks Mommy2apples thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast