Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

4 weeks pregnant & worried about my numbers!!

I am 4 weeks 1 day pregnant and had my betas done yesterday at 14 dpo. My numbers were:

HCG: 66
    Progesterone: 9

These numbers sound terrible! The doctor suggested progesterone supplements. I'm supposed to get retested tomorrow.

Thoughts on these numbers? Anyone have low numbers like this & what happened? And what gender did you have?

Atomic - did swaying with LE for 5 months maybe lower my progesterone? I believe it was lower to begin with as I have always had short cycles, short LP and lower BBTs.

Please help - I don't know what to think!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Individual beta numbers don't matter, it's the doubling time that does. I think I remember XX saying she had low numbers with her DS3? My initial beta was only a 16 with DS3 and the nurse told me I'd likely miscarry again. Turns out I was just super early and my doubling time was 29 hours which is great. I think my progesterone was a 19 which worried me because everything online said it needed to be at least 20. I didn't need progesterone supps. When is your next beta?
    Don't worry yourself over gender and beta numbers. It's not indicative of that.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One number means nothing, unless it's 0. We need to see if it's doubling appropriately, thus waiting until the results from your next beta come back.

With my DS2, my HPTs took forever to register I was pregnant- the same with my Beta. Drove me nuts! Ironically, my first scan confirmed my O date despite it taking forever to register! The only explanation I was given was he implanted late.

Hang in there! Let's wait and see what the next one is!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

5. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ks and XX. My lines on FRER are getting darker, slowly... here's my pic from this morning, 15 dpo.

Do you guys think swaying may have lowered my progesterone further? I never had it tested with my boys - but like I said I'm almost sure it has always been low given my short cycles/LP & low temps. Swaying really did not change any of that - all 3 were virtually the same as they have always been. Only changes I noticed were lighter periods and less acne. I'm wondering if all my swaying (diet and exercise) didn't really change my hormone levels much?

Doc said when I go in for blood tomorrow he'd talk to me about starting vaginal progesterone suppositories. Any thoughts on those?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should do the progesterone suppositories to be on the safe side. Loving the progression on your tests!!

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

8. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez - as another note, I just got on the scale and I've lost 5 lbs in the two weeks since I ovulated (and no I haven't thrown up!). What the heck? I haven't exercised for almost a week now since I got my BFP, and when I was out of town this past weekend I ate a lot!!! (well, a lot more than I have been eating)

With that much weight loss since our attempt & my low progesterone & the fact that we only had O-4 and O-2 attempts (with DH releasing on his own 14 hours before each attempt to try to lower sperm count)... How am I even pregnant right now?! I'll say this about this baby - he/she is a tough bean so far.
    2013 2015
    Three babies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything is going to be okay abc! Can be completely normal to lose some weight in the beginning!!

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!

Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

11. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BEfore I launch into this I want to say, yes, those numbers (the prog in particular) are not what we'd be hoping to see right now.

Let me explain how progesterone works.

You probably already know that at ovulation, your ovary develops a corpus luteum that starts making progesterone. In a normally developing pregnancy, the fertilized egg implants about 7 DPO and sends a signal to your body for your ovary to continue doing that (making progesterone, I mean) If you aren't pregnant, or if the pregnancy is not developing normally, your body will let the corpus luteum break down, progesterone falls, and AF will come. What those low progesterone numbers may mean (and I'm sorry to say, most likely do mean) is that the pregnancy is not viable and your body is just slowly dialing it back to end it naturally. (I'm so sorry!!)

Now, doctors, for the obvious reasons, don't like telling this news to people and thus they will suggest progesterone supplements, but when progesterone supplementation has been studied, it was found to be a placebo - progesterone supplementation did not help anyone get or stay pregnant (even in IVF rounds.) It used to be that doctors did think they helped, and a few still do, but now most doctors know it doesn't and just do it because people do want to feel like they've tried everything to help a pregnancy to make it.

So, that leaves you with a decision to make, you can take the progesterone supps and give the pregnancy another chance but it may not help and may just drag it out or you can decide not to take them and let things end when they do. It is totally at your discretion, I can't even say what I'd personally do in that situation (and I do not believe they do anything). Many people want to feel like they've done everything, others don't want to drag it out, and whichever option feels right to you is the one you should pursue.

Swaying can lower progesterone a little, but I really do not believe that's what is going on here. Even with swaying, if you ovulate and conceive, your progesterone should be above 10. There is enough food coming in on LE Diet for pregnancy to occur.

Is there any way that you could have Oed later than you think?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just going to ask the same question- could you have ovulated later? Do you have a chart you could post for us to look at?

Let's hang in here for a bit. Let's see what your numbers are when the betas are repeated.
    I can speak first hand for swaying twice, and my progesterone levels were just fine upon getting pregnant- 19 and 29 (this pregnancy started out as twins though).

(((Hugs)))

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

15. Thanks ABC.2606, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic. While hard to hear, I appreciate your honesty about where I may at. I haven't had a miscarriage before and haven't had betas taken before so this is all new for me. I did feel like it was weird that even though I got a positive HPT at 10 dpo, the lines in the days following were still so light and taking awhile to appear. I did have a little spotting on 8 dpo and 11 dpo - that's why I actually called the doc yesterday to have them run the betas. No - pretty sure I ovulated on day 15... I had a solid smiley advanced OPK on day 13 and a strong temp rise on the morning of day 16... So at the latest, I believe it was day 15. I normally have a 24 day cycle too so that was a little bit late for me (it's usually day 13-14).

Ugh. Well, I get my next betas tomorrow and they said I could talk to them about the progesterone suppositories then so I guess I have until tomorrow afternoon to think about it. If it's not viable, I'd want things to just go ahead and proceed as they will... But yea, it's hard to know what's "right" to do in this situation.

If I do miscarry - do you think it's worth going ahead and seeing a RE to get evaluated, given the low prog. this time, the short LPs, low temps, etc? I really like my OBGYN for pregnancy but I don't think he's going to take a real proactive approach with the fertility stuff, especially not at this point, and would probably just continue to offer progesterone supplementation while I'm trying to get pregnant. Do you think with my situation (even though I've successfully conceived in the past and haven't been trying a long time this time around) a RE would be likely to give me Clomid right away to try to improve progesterone/ LP? I know you said Clomid is a great treatment for LP - does that mean it improves progesterone levels as well?
    Last edited by ABC.2606; August 22nd, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
    2013 2015
    Three babies

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast