Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thankyou Atomic, this might sound silly but herbs make me nervous especially with pregnancy/birth as you can probably tell from my million questions!! there also seems to be a huge amount of disagreement among doctors and midwives about rrlt, some say 100% take it from 32 weeks, others say dont touch till 37 weeks minimum, others say dont touch at all..

that is a good point about the cramps possibly triggering a problem, i dont have a c-section scar but wouldnt want to cause myself a potentially dangerous problem while trying to make odds "better" for something else.

im leaning towards not taking it, why mess around and meddle when things have worked perfectly well without it, if that makes sense?
    for me blood loss has been between 100-150mls at delivery with each baby except my DS2 who was less than 100mls and PP bleeding has usually started being that annoying on/off/on/off pattern by the second week, but none of that seems to matter because once you go above baby #3 bleeding to death is all anyone medical ever talks about :-/ causes me to worry every single time!!
    now 6blue5pink

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya! I am weary of supplements too! I seem to be sensitive to anything medicinal/herbal! I'm taking it because I took it with all of my other kids without any issue. I don't take near as much as what is recommended though. Taking a lot of something has never made sense to me. I think listening to your body and letting it do its thing (with some help sometimes ) is definitely the way to go!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, 4blue2pink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Additionally, just to put your mind at ease - they DO have medicine for that, that works very well. One of the nicest things about them gloomily scaring the he-- out of you saying "your risk of postpartum hemorrhage is on the increase" is that at the least they're aware of it and they'll be on the lookout. The people who tend to get into trouble are those with complications you probably don't/won't have and then those whose doctors are asleep at the wheel - if they know of a potential problem, they can better be able to avoid it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes XXforhubby, 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX the recommended doses are scary high, i agree why drink huge amounts each day it just seems an abnormal idea to me, i know a lady who was recommended 2 litres per day by her midwife, i didnt say anything but thought it sounded slightly crazy.. i wouldnt want to drink any type of tea in that quantity.

Atomic your right the statistics for PPH are skewed because they include women with bleeding/clotting disorders and also all deliveries are lumped in together so the increased risk for c-section or assisted delivery isnt accounted for, my midwife did tell me last time that the research they use here (UK) for PPH is called level 3 which means its very poor quality, most of the data was gathered in studies done in the third world where a general lack of health care and maternal malnutrition play big roles, which isnt the case here. i think they always go on about it to me because i have homebirths and they have to say it to cover their own backs, make you aware of the risks so you can make an informed decision etc.

RRLT does seem to have suddenly become hugely popular almost fad-like and im wondering if its due to certain celebs using it and claiming its the sole reason for their perfect less than 4 hour completely pain-free natural births
    now 6blue5pink

8. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You and me are thinking along the same lines on this. I think reasonable amounts are safe and may do a little something, just use your gut instinct and good sense!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou Atomic im so grateful for all the replies on this thread and everyone who has taken time out to write them im glad you feel we are on the same page i was worried i was coming across completely neurotic and wasting everyones time!!

i may end up trying a couple of cups per day for the last few weeks but thats my limit i think
    now 6blue5pink

12. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

14. Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123