Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HCG and What We Saw On Ultrasound- Does this Sound Bad?

We have finally gotten our BFP after a MMC in January 2016. My LMP was September 4th so that should put me at 6 weeks even today, but I know in previous cycles I have gotten later positive ovulation tests so I think I could be as early as 5 weeks today. First blood draw was October 4th, HCG was 51, second was on October 6th and was 132. I had some brown spotting over that next week and then really bad shooting/jabbing pains in my cervix on Friday the 13th that didn't let up the 2nd half of the day so I went to the ER thinking the worst was happening again. My HCG then was 3200, so it is more than doubling each time. They did a transvaginal ultrasound and I had a small cyst on the right ovary, thickened stripe and what appeared to be the beginning of a very teeny tiny sac developing. The ER doctor thinks the right cyst is what was causing the pain. Even though I was "supposedly" 5 weeks and 4 days, I could of been as early as 4 weeks and 4 days, everything I've read online shows we should of seen more at a level of 3,200 than just the sac just now beginning to form. Is there still hope to this or should I prepare myself for more bad news when I see my OB on the 23rd?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as HCG is doubling I would stay optimistic. People get dates wrong all the time (even experts like me do sometimes, it's easy to do) and personally I find many doctors are crap at seeing things on the early ultrasounds, particularly in the ER. So for all you know you're either earlier along than you think, or the doc/tech didn't get the ultrasound zoned in right, or both.

There will be time enough to worry and mourn if/when you have a reason to. For now those HCG have doubled and everything is ok.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never really considered the fact that the ultrasound tech could have gotten a bad shot, that is a comforting thought. You always make me feel better, thank you!! I will update next week.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post