Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope all is well Tink!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Quick update (again, lol)

Thursday I was having sharp pains in my stomach and my ob said to go to the er and get checked. After 6 hours there it was determined I was dehydrated, needed more rest, and have cysts on my ovaries that were pretty large and explained the pain. They did an "on the tummy" ultrasound and that's how they found the cysts. As for the "internal bleed" the tech saw that too but it is no where near the sacs and the dr is chalking it up to implantation bleed and not to worry. As for the 2 sacs, they're there, clear as day and both were measured. #1 measured at 5w4d and #2 5w3d (explains a lot more, stupid nurse at the clinic mixed them up!). So they are basically the same size. As for what's in them, the dr said it's too soon to say and even though IVF adds 2 weeks she said do not worry, everything checks out for a healthy pregnancy so far. My blood levels were 20,662 (she said adequate) and not to worry about anything!
    I have a follow up on Friday with my ob-gyn and though it's gonna be hard to wait, I feel a lot better now. I have to drink more water and take metamucil daily now to prevent any future issues in that department, lol.

I feel like I got better information and now know that the pain isn't something to worry about but need to keep an eye on the cysts. I'm fuming still at the clinic, clearly they saw everything as the er did, but did not seem to care how it would affect me.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tinks, glad for the update, i hope the babes keep growing! glad they saw two sacs...hopefully you'll be taking home twin boys in a few months! How sweet
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great update, I am so glad you got to see the sacs and yes five weeks is still early to see anything in them , you should hang on any more u/s till 7 weeks or so to hear those amazing sounds. Hoping for a healthy pregnancy for you
    2006 2010
    baby boy is here 06/26/2013 after 2 IVF cycles 1 FET

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update!! I might be wrong but shouldn't you be 8 weeks now? I thought you had ER around 17th Jan and got a BFP on about 25th??

Got my fingers crossed for you!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pink View Post
    Thanks for the update!! I might be wrong but shouldn't you be 8 weeks now? I thought you had ER around 17th Jan and got a BFP on about 25th??

Got my fingers crossed for you!
    Yes, because I did IVF I am 8w1d, but last week was a total nightmare. Both sacs were only measuring 5w4/3d respectively. My ob says it's still too soon to see anything (though 2 years ago we already saw his heartbeat at 6 weeks). The IVF clinic wasn't too hopeful, but after talking to my ob and the er dr, they assure me not to worry that it's still too soon. I'm just hoping they are running behind but will catch up because they are boys and I'm 40 and there's 2 of them. Trying so hard not to worry or obsess over this. I go for another u/s on Friday at my ob's office. I'm done going to the clinic, all they did was upset me.

On a brighter note, still feeling very much preggers. Can't eat anything without dry heaving after so that's a good sign and no more spotting for the time being Just praying they're like their mother, lol, always late!

Everything about this cycle has been different and every time I try to compare to someone else, they're doing so much better! My betas at 39dp5dt (yes, got them done Thursday at the er) were only 20662, which seems to be really low for twins, but they're both there, both still growing from last week, and keeping up with each other, so we'll see what Friday brings.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you get some good news on Friday xx

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did just get off the phone with the ivf clinic, I was called to be asked why I never scheduled a follow up. I very nicely explained everything to the nurse (who will relay my concerns to the doctor I never got to see!!! WTF!). She listened to what I had to say and tried to defend their staff which is understandable, but in my eyes, unacceptable behavior and lack of both compassion and knowledge is no excuse. I am done there! And now they know. She wanted to argue that most obs wouldn't see me until I pointed out mine is hubby's cousin and he's more than happy to see us!

I have to fill out their form to release my records, I hope there's a section asking why I want to term my relationship, I will certainly let them know! And in the event we have to do another cycle, it WILL NOT be with them! I've never been so neglected by any doctor (or lack of!) at any practice.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Friday did not go well at all. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. My u/s showed two sacs still but neither had grown, at all. The first sac is now misshapen and whatever may have been growing in it has stopped. The second sac is still empty. Neither grew beyond 5w6d. I am 9 weeks. My body hasn't figured it out yet once again that they didn't make it. Yes, I'm devastated, but I knew the chance I would take. I am meeting with my ob in the morning to determine best course from here. As much as I want nature to run it's course, a d&c is not good for anyone's system, right?, I really hope they would be able to test what's there to see if we're missing something and will test for it next time around.

My nurse loves to tell my I have old eggs. I'm really sick of hearing that, I know plenty of 40-somethings who are able to get pregnant ~ and keep it! I've been spending my morning researching what I can take as a supplement to increase egg quality. Apparently, it is possible. I have to focus on selling my house at the moment , so another cycle won't be possible for another few months anyway, so maybe the distraction will help.

I'm open to advice across the board. I hate that I'm 40 and have wasted so much time trying to get this far. Time is definitely working against me.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me to this point, I will still post here and there and keep in touch, but I really want to focus on getting this done right for the next time. I'm also contacting other clinics in my area who do PGD, apparently there are many including Mass General (top hospital!!!) and they're my first call.
    I honestly think my next cycle I will test for gender only, I'll take more chances that way I know, but given the odds that I am throwing away good embies based on 1 cell, I'd rather take all boy embies and see what happens.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no So sorry to hear that Tink, that's awful and I hope you get through this and I pray that you have a successful pregnancy in the future. Wishing you the best for luck for the future xx
    Mother of 2 beautiful girls
    Expecting a baby boy in September! Thank you Gender Dreaming!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast