Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face If you need me, I'll be under my rock

Things did not go well today :,(

First, I was right about my "echo", it is a twin, but she wouldn't measure him cuz she couldn't see anything in the sac. But there it was, fully visible on the screen next to his brother.

The first sac now only has a yolk sac but has only grown 3 days in the last 8. I was told he was 5w4d last week, now she said last week he was 5w3d, so which was it??? Either way, he's very much behind, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.

To top things off, there is a bleed in my uterus and she had the nerve to ask if I was spotting!! I told her last week I was! Don't they write anything down? Wtf! Her reaction was so aloof like "oh well, call us if you bleed"

So needless to say, I'm pissed and beyond upset, and waiting to see if my real ob-gyn will see me, I don't trust the clinic nor do I want to go back there! Ever! They didn't even have my appointment scheduled today!

I'm no longer hopeful this pregnancy and am leaving it now in God's hands.

I just want to crawl under a rock and stay there! Everything started out so great! This isn't fair! The wind is out of my sails even though I should stay positive that it ain't over til it's over...
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: I just talked to my favorite nurse at my ob-gyn's and she said the bleed is normal and common and doesn't necessarily mean miscarriage (phew)

She is annoyed that they are giving me conflicting info on both sacs and that it's still too soon to tell, that there's no way I can be 7 weeks if the embryos were only created 5 weeks ago.

Needless to say, my ob-gyn is doing my next u/s next Wednesday and I'm done with the clinic!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us updated, I'm following your story. Good luck hun!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was your transfer date?

You can use an online IVF due date calculator- if you ET was Jan 20th, then you are 7 weeks, 2 days today.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; February 21st, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    What was your transfer date?

You can use an online IVF due date calculator- if you ET was Jan 20th, then you are 7 weeks, 2 days today.
    My ER date was the 15, 5 day transfer on the 20th. Could they have really screwed dates up? Aren't they supposed to know? One would think... They tell me I'm 7w2d based on my lmp. My ob-gyn calculates differently, that the sacs are right on schedule. Why would sac #2 continue to grow if it's empty?
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; February 21st, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know who is telling dates- your LMP doesn't matter or count at all because there was no LMP. You use your transfer date to figure out how far along you are- this is a site I refer to- IVFConnections.com - IVF Due Date Calculator by Date of Transfer, Retrieval, Ovulation or Insemination

I believe you are 7 weeks, 2 days based on your transfer date. Your due date is October 7, 2012. You need to ask your RE how far along they say you are not your OB. IVF dates are based on ER/ET and what day you transfer- day 3 embryo or day 5 embryo.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's how it's figured. I guess at this point we wait til next week and pray for the best.

Could an empty sac continue to grow? That one still has me stumped!

There was talk of late implantation, but I tested bfp so soon.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did the main one that has been there have a heartbeat? When was your last scan?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Did the main one that has been there have a heartbeat? When was your last scan?

Scan this morning, no hb, just a yolk, only 3 days growth over the last 8. Last week was just a sac, no yolk. At this point 2 years ago, we saw the hb even though he was measuring behind. Not too hopeful.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you go today? Where is your RE? Are they advising you on this? What do they say? 6 weeks is when you hope to see a heartbeat. Later is okay but your RE really needs to take a look at your results and see what is going on at this point. I'm sorry things are not going like you hoped but I really hope they are talking with you about what is expected.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast