Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone help with dates

Hello,

I’m a little bit of a worrier as I had 3MCs before I got my daughter.
    According to the first day of my last period (23rd October) I am 8+5. Due to my previous miscarriages I am scanned at 6w to check for heartbeat in order to start progesterone supps and then scanned every 2 weeks - the heart beat was detected but baby measured 5+4 instead of 6+4 at my first scan. Yesterday was my second scan and there was 2w growth showing 7+4 but still a week behind where I should have been at 8+4. The techs were happy and said the heartbeat is strong and the right amount of growth has happened over 2 weeks and so not to worry (ha, easier said than done!).

I didn’t do OPKs, well I did actually but just got a couple of faint positives (10th November) so I think I just missed OV or maybe it was yet to come. This wasn’t our month to try so wasn’t paying enough attention!

We DTD on 5th November and 11th November - my husband was working away so these were the only days we DTD.
    I felt extremely hot on the 12th of November so maybe that was OV, I didn’t check as I normally have a few days of faint positives before a positive so thought it was too early based on that or either I’d already missed it. My next period was due on the 21st of November, I tested on that day as I had very sore breasts and got a very strong positive result.

With my only successful pregnancy she always measured correctly. I am having morning sickness as well as nausea and a total loss of appetite so for me this is good as I never had it with the miscarriages but I am so concerned about the being a week behind at the scans when I’ve tested positive since the 21st of November.

I know from the scan I ovulated from the left ovary and implanted on the left too, could it be the baby is slightly smaller as the left ovary is the weaker ovary? Clutching at straws here I know.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your baby is growing normally according to the dates on the scan. You ovulated later than you thought you did, that's all.

No, your baby would not be smaller because it's a left sided O.

Let's say you ovulated more like the 14th of Nov. or something like that. You could still have easily conceived from sex on the 11th and still tested positive and then their measurements are a little off. They do make mistakes all the time and there is some variation. This could explain the 2 weeks of difference - conceiving a week later than you think and then them making an error in measurement.

There will be time enough to worry when you have reason to worry. (((Hugs))) I sometimes think ignorance is bliss with stuff like this
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic - it’s just 1 week difference, sorry I worded that wrong! And yes I agree that ignorance is bliss, I’ve been saying to myself all
    Morning that if the baby catches up by 12w and I had only the one scan at 12w I wouldn’t know about this happening now! I will try and relax and be happy that the growth is good x

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Feeling lots better, I decided to find a website that calculates due date and gestation based on conception date - went with 13th November since I was very hot on the 12th and that matches the scan dates! I was starting to worry that this could be a marker for something wrong with the baby (because my brain likes to torture me like that!) so I’m glad you said the above which made me check it out.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcoffee View Post
    Thank you Atomic - it’s just 1 week difference, sorry I worded that wrong! And yes I agree that ignorance is bliss, I’ve been saying to myself all
    Morning that if the baby catches up by 12w and I had only the one scan at 12w I wouldn’t know about this happening now! I will try and relax and be happy that the growth is good x
    I'm sorry I read that like 5 times and I don't think my coffee had kicked in yet LOL!

Try not to worry, I know it's hard, but it accomplishes nothing. With my last pregnancy I was older and thought for sure I'd lose it but every time I felt those worries rise I'd just say "stick with me baby, stick with me!" and it calmed me down, I guess because I felt like I was actually doing something! Good luck, pink.

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the baby is all caught up! Had a scan yesterday and baby measured perfectly, just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else had the same worry in future and found this.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for updating!! and I'm so glad to read this! My heart skipped a beat when I saw you'd posted again and I was so worried it was bad news! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

11. Thanks pinkcoffee thanked for this post