Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

And so it begins...

THE COMMENTS!! So, we have started telling people we are pregnant. Immediately after the "congrats" I am getting "oh I bet you are hoping for a girl"..."oh wow, 3 kids? you must really wanted to go for the girl huh?" I am seriously over the edge right now....ENOUGH already.
    So I have been saying "we always wanted 3 kids...we didn't go for a third for gender"...hoping it will shut them up!!! It is so irritating.
    Got any good comeback lines for me? Please share! Thanks!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All good things come in threes.

I would just say a girl would be great but we are really awesome at raising boys so we welcome that too.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks NBP...I like that response too! I am going to use it for sure!
    I am trying to just stay in the moment here - enjoy the time being preg with no idea about the gender and people just have a way of pushing my buttons.
    Last edited by mydream; July 26th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I am going to get exactly the same thing from ppl! Are you finding out the gender? One of the reasons we aren't finding out is so I can tell ppl that gender doesn't matter and we aren't finding out for that reason alone.

I have already had some friends say, "wouldn't that be funny if you had 3 boys" and I said back that I am already 99.9% positive it will be another boy and we would love that. I say I wouldn't know what to do with a girl and we already have all this boy stuff so a boy would just fit right in. I think it helps me convince myself too a little and stay grounded.

I'm not too quick on my feet so I tend to just agree with ppl and then get pissed off inside.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    I know I am going to get exactly the same thing from ppl! Are you finding out the gender? .
    We aren't totally sure if we are going to find out the gender yet. Dh and I are really on the fence about it. Probably leaning more toward yes though!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mydream View Post
    We aren't totally sure if we are going to find out the gender yet. Dh and I are really on the fence about it. Probably leaning more toward yes though!
    Hi My Dream, I just posted a thread asking you this very question but I put it on the HT section so you may not see it. Been thinking about you and wondering whether you were going to find out and if so when.

As for the bet you're hoping for a girl comments, I'd probably just say "Oh God no!" and turn away. That should shut them up. Maybe.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used with my 3rd "why would u assume we want a girl - is there something wrong with our boys?" or just say boys in general not our boys ..... thats a question they cant answer.

Or how about "so long as its healthy why would we care ?"

So long as it doesnt have 7 heads then we dont mind what gender it is.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    id actually go so far as to say "actually - i'd prefer another boy - i know boys, and i have boy clothing and toys, and a boy will fit in better with my 2 son then a girl would"
    That'll shut them up.....
    its actually what I'm planning on saying if i finally get pregnant....even though we only have one child (boy) I'm sure people are going to do the whole "oh i bet your hoping its a girl"

Or if you really don't care about being rude you could always say it as it is "actually its none of your business what i hope it is, or would like it to be, thats rather personal"
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had good labours so today I used: "we'd be delighted with a healthy one that comes as quick as my others and is even half as gorgeous!" the person got a bit embarrassed because it was as if I was saying their comment was ridiculous, so then I felt bad!!! but I've had "hope this is your girl, you deserve a girl next" from a complete stranger! Then "are you just dying for a girl", when I said no the same person said "are you not EXHAUSTED bringing boys into the world?" Eh no!!!
    Then the other day I met an older woman, I didn't have my boys with me. I said I was pregnant and she said I was very lucky that her daughter has problems conceiving and only has one son. I said I had two boys under 3, and all she said was "it doesn't matter what they are love does it? MY THREE BOYS (proudly) who wouldn't be proud to say that, and sure if it's a girl that'd be great too, well we wouldn't be giving her back now would we!" I could have hugged her
    Sept 09 Jan 11 and Due Dec 12

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had that all the time when pg with ds3
    Alot of people used to say 'argh hoping or trying for a girl' my reply always was well we were actually trying for a BABY!

A lady in the shop the other day said oh your little boy is so lovely is he your first? (the other boys were at school) I said no my third. She went on to tell me she had 3 boys and then two girl and how awful all the boys were and if she had a girl first she would have had all her tubes cut!!!
    I replyed 'oh I'm sure they were lovely boys!'
    Her 'no they were all horrible my girls are lovely'
    Me ' oh right! Well I'm very lucky that I have 3 wonderful,caring and helpful little boys couldn't ask for anything more'
    Which she just chuckled to her self!!

First I thought thank god my older two werent with me, then omg what a crazy nasty person her poor sons!

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast