Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

what I have noticed-moms weight and gender

Okay im sure its not true in all cases. Where I live, I have noticed that the overweight moms have multiple daughters.....BUT maybe they are trying to lose weight or are losing weight so that is why?? I rarely see overweight moms with several boys. I have always been a size 3-5 and have 3 boys and 1 girl.

The other thing that could be with the overweight moms, I have noticed many of their DH's are overweight as well....maybe they have higher body temps being they are overweight? any thoughts?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has more to do with your overall condition, hormone levels and diet. Like for example someone very large might eat a very low nutrient diet, but high in calories, or like you said maybe she was dieting at time of conception.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Viene in that I think it might matter where those calories and pounds come from. I was a size 0-2 before kids and I have 3 DD naturally.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is exactly right. There is what biologists call a "U-Shaped curve" going on where both very thin and very heavy women tend to have more daughters and then everyone in the middle has more sons. There are many reasons why this may be the case, hormones, losing weight just prior to pregnancy, but the one I find very compelling is that being very heavy or very thin both reduce overall fertility and may sway pink because of that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting about being overweight swaying pink. I've noticed that most thin women I know have boys. I'm thin (but athletic--lot of muscle) and had 2 boys . . . maybe it's not about how thin you are, but more about what you're doing to be thin or overweight (I know a lot of overweight people who spend a lot of time not eating to lose . . .).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree Lillian. I am also athletic and thin but have a lot of muscle so I am actually higher in weight than people tend to think.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always been overweight and have 3 boys. BUT I'm not flabby anywhere except my belly. My arms & legs are muscular. I've read that if your body stores fat around the midsection that can be a sign of higher than normal estrogen, which sways blue. So I'm losing weight now by doing cardio (no strength training) and lowering calorie intake. Hopefully it'll help decrease my T & E levels along w/ Vitex
    Last edited by crystal-light; February 23rd, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Mom to Sept. 04, April 08, ^i^ May 09 & April 10

Trying to convince DH to try for a tubal reversal baby girl soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sooooooo hate this discussion b/c it brings the fear out in me! lol I have always been very thin and very athletic and conceived 1 girl and 2 boys naturally. I was very muscular (but tiny) when I conceived our angel DD and DH was very, very muscular. With DS1 and DS2, I eased up on working out but was very thin while DH was muscular with DS1 but less so with DS2. So, we stopped working out when we were swaying in 2009 b/c we were swaying pink. We didn't get PG and we were miserable! lol Just don't know what to do now though.
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, it's SO hard to know what the best sway is. It's different for every person and there is no way to make blanket recommendations.

The good news is that as we get older we are more likely to conceive a girl anyway.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was super thin when i conceived ds #1. I had just gotten back from my honeymoon and was doing weight watchers to drop the weight I put on when on my honeymoon. I probably lost about 9lbs before getting my bfp. With ds #2, I had just lost about 60 lbs from my first pregnancy. With dd I was heavy (around 178 or so). I was on a diet at the time too. I'm always on a diet. I think I dropped 20 or so around the time I conceived her. With my last ds, I was the heaviest I have ever been when conceiving. I was probably trying to lose, but seeing as I was pretty heavy still...I wasn't very successful. I'm not sure if losing weight before ttc works for me, but I'm still doing it as a part of my sway!
    Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 3 angels in heaven

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

Expecting AGAIN!! Due May 2016. Will it be or ??

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks
    11/8/11 @ 18 weeks of pregnancy. Our angel

Our family is complete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast