Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So many boy moms today :(

I took my little guy to a birthday party today and was talking to a few of the other moms who have boys. Several of them have three and it just got me wondering about the whole 50/50 chance thing. Is it really 50/50 each time? Why did these ladies have three boys and why would I be any luckier than them to get a girl? I could tell both of them had gone for #3 to "try for that girl" and didn't get her but of course I didn't come out and say anything and they didn't admit to it.

They don't know I'm pregnant but I mentioned maybe wanting to try for #3 one day and hoping for a DD and they were saying that it's such a small chance to have a girl after 2-3 boys, blah blah blah. And one of the moms told me that when she was leaving the hospital with her 3rd boy, the nurse said to her "wow, you got gypped". I don't want to hear comments like that, I will go off on someone!

I don't know, it just got me thinking that it's VERY likely I am carrying boy #3 and I'm so scared to hear that it's boy #3.
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's still very much 50/50. All I have to do to remind myself of that is get a paper bag and put in 5 blue marbles and 5 pink. If I pick 3, DH picks 3, and my DS's each pick 3....we'd all have a totally different mix...ya know?
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just trying to increase my pink balls with a sway
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am seeing same sex x3 mummas everywhere!!! It's either that or Boy,Girl mummas (sigh)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Somebody here beautifully said it feels like gambling with weighted coin
    ( but I think statistically chances for girl after two boys are higher then for boy after two girls, there were stats on IG about that)
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zivic, I think you may have it reversed
    I think chances for a boy after two girls goes up
    and chances for a girl after two boy go down....I may have misread it, but that's how I remembered it

Annabel, don't fret, darling, you did a great sway, and I really do believe swaying can help change our natural body chemistry's to help our chances

part of me still believes that no matter how good a sway of course, there is always luck and randomness involved, as such would happen if you flipped a coin
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I get all befuddled about the odds I really like this particular study (link below; it's on here elsewhere too) because it looked at so many families (700,000 and 1.4 million offspring)... and while there is a BIT of a statistical difference that the odds are higher for boys after multiple boys, it's still in the low 50's. Not like the 80/20 you so often here. And definitely a more comprehensive data set than those IG stats.

I like it because it makes me feel like I wasn't crazy to hope for a boy, since even after 2DD there was a >50% birth of boys to the families. In the study you'll want to look at table 2, which is on page 960 ... study begins on page 957. After 2 boys, the third children were 51.6% male.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/conten...9/957.full.pdf

I think luck is a bigger part of it than swaying (I do think swaying helps, but is FAR from a guarantee) but I absolutely believe you have a 50/50 shot for a girl this time regardless of how many boys you already have. FX you've got a pink bundle headed your way!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my obstetrician reckons the ratio of 49.5:50.5 (girl:boy) is still accurate. He assissts deliveries every day and his own statistics support this. I personally believe that odds are higher to have another boy after two boys (this happened to me and most of my friends).

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see VERY large families of boys quite often. Just over the weekend I saw a family of 5 boys. No girls. Talked to a girl in a store who had 6 boys, no girls. And when I had my first son (who I had GD with) in the postpartum ward there was a woman there with 7 boys and an 8th newborn boy. I will never forget sitting there looking at all her boys on that couch in front of me. I know how you feel, it makes you feel like there's no hope. But for my story, thats only 3 families. Most people go on to have mixed genders. I do know how you feel though *hugs*
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh. I just feel like I ALWAYS see families with 3 boys. In real life and online. I often see families with one of each, 3 boys, one boy & 2 girls, but I feel like I rarely see families with 2 boys & then a girl.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to have a girl after 2 boys! LOL. Stupid! Of course it's possible! I know a couple of families like this. But still, I feel like it's a rarity. And I don't feel I can be so lucky. I hope so but I'm trying to get used to the idea of boy #3. This is hard. *sigh*
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast