Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I read sounds like what this study is looking at is effect on sperm DNA, shape, and motility when DH practices frequent release (their definition is once ever 8 hours). From what I can gather, the study concluded with frequent release there isn't any effect on DNA or shape of the sperm however, there is a decrease in amount of the enzyme responsible for motility. So even though DH may have good sperm they can't swim as great.

Let me know if anyone else concluded something different!!
    Last edited by WantingPink; January 3rd, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they took sperm samples from a variety of healthy men every 8 hours over the course of 2 days:
    Sample 1: sperm count and concentration after 3 days abstinence, the control sample
    Sample 2: 8 hours after the man released sample 1
    Sample 3: 8 hours after the man released sample 2
    Sample 7: another 3 days abstinence following sample 6, to see how sperm count has recovered after such frequent release

The results:
    Name:  FR.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  11.8 KB
    This is the most useful explanation... you can see that even after just one release 8hrs after a previous one the total sperm count (and sperm concentration within the semen sample) have drastically dropped, and that these totals continue to drop with every subsequent 8hr release. By the 3rd/4th 8-hourly release these totals level off and are really low. Even after another 3 day abstinence at the end of the frequent releasing sessions the total sperm concentration is still really low, showing that sperm count doesn't recover very quickly I.e. there's lots of semen but lower sperm concentration within the semen 3 days after the end of the FR.

This is the study which helped us discover compressed FR (CFR) for short-term sperm count lowering - if you can release and discard once (maybe twice) then make an attempt within 8hrs of the last attempt you can expect sperm count and concentration to be really low in the sample. Potentially lower than regular frequent release/abstinence.

Hope that makes sense

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12