Page 42 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink- love your story! My LMP is the day after my late great-grandmother's birthday, I've traveled this pregnancy in hopes that she would bring me a son and keep him safe. She was still alive when dd1 was born and dd has her middle name. I love fa,ily names all my kids have em!

Baby- I totally agree, it was much easier dealing with dd3 once everyone else knew. I also got much less crappy comments then I thought I would.

B- I hear ya on baby girl names, I had a few but nothing I loved.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the positiveness of this thread!

A friend who has 2dd just announced a third pg. 10 weeks. Two people made comments about 'trying for a boy' on fb. Wanted to punch them. Can you do that on fb? It didn't so much bother me, but bothered me if it might bother the couple.

I am struggling with girl names y'all. We love our dd's name. It was easy to pick, but now, stuck!

Btw- I know LOTS Of GGB. More than GGG, etc. Also, I know lots of BB or GG pairs- about equal with PP. It should be 50% PP and 50% BB or GG (25% each). I bet if you counted on fbook- you would see that too. It makes me realize that 1 out of 2 friends has the same gender, and life can be happy.
    TTC Blue!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTunaSushi View Post
    It makes me realize that 1 out of 2 friends has the same gender, and life can be happy.
    FWIW I was happier with my 2 DD than I am at this point thinking of 3; 2 I felt like it was still pretty normal really, like you said, loads of people have BB or GG. It's the 3rd where I feel a little cheated. Like I went the extra mile here and still can't get both genders?!?! My own issue to deal with obviously... I mean life isn't "fair" in lots of ways and I've certainly won big in other categories. I can only imagine how the moms with 4+ same gender feel.

I think I'm still just having such a hard time believing this isn't a boy, LOL! I mean I know it isn't, I'm not doubting my scan. But I'm just floored in some ways because I always thought we'd have a son, and to realize we won't just isn't processing in my brain. At all. I wish it would just click and I'd "get" it but for some reason I can't connect the dots and get on board with DD3. I spent so long visualizing our son (I felt like that was an important thing with the sway, believing it would work, and I convinced myself better than I realized!) that to undo all of that is really hard. I'm not so devastated anymore I just can't seem to visualize a 3rd girl in our family. I'm sure she'll make that easy once she gets here.

I will say I hope I can just pop out one child who isn't insanely picky about clothing. It's 65 here now and I can't get DD2 out of her swimsuit without a massive battle and an hour of crying after I win. Her crying, not me ... me holding my breath to avoid screaming at her. DD1 was equally difficult but it was a pair of pajamas she wanted on full time.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree- 3 does make it more committal. But, 3 of a gender happens all the time. And would happen more if people had more than the average 2.2 children. We would all see.

Also, I am bummed B, bc I was swearing that you would be from my home state- possibly my home city and that we could hang out. But no way it is 65 there right now. Oh wait- the forecast says 68! So maybe we are from the same place (though I don't live there anymore). I do come home to visit though. Hmm. Detective work (totally ignoring your desire to remain anonymous).....
    TTC Blue!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! Spicy I'm from Texas It might actually be 68 today, I'm not sure ... I'm just really happy we're finally not sweating anymore! I don't know where you lived to begin with but I seem to remember back when you were TTC that you and DH had an international move coming up?

And I do agree; 3 of a kind is pretty common too. I've posted before about the crazy amounts of people I know here with 3 girls. It's nuts how many 3 girl families there are here! I wonder if we were all going for the boy or how many of them really didn't care? Technically I straddle the "going for the boy" and "didn't care" line because really, we were going to have 3 regardless. I just naively thought ONE would be a boy!

I was thinking about how many families of 4 I know and can come up with 7, three of those 7 families though the "kids" are my age now. But of those, only one is all girl, only one is all boy, and the other 5 are mixed. Of the mixed, 2 had the same gender until the 4th child... the other 3 had mixed before they ever had DC3.

Today I went shopping for a present for a friend who just had a baby girl. Baby girl stuff is cute but I sure am tired of buying it .... would it be so wrong to dress DD3 in boy infant clothes?!?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B- I get your feelings on 3 girls. 2 was oh how cute once we had three it was omg. All those comments were from strangers and unfortunately some strangers will always be jerks while others will tell you how gorgeous they are and you are so lucky.

See I'm at the other end of disbelief. After all these years I can't seem to accept I am having a boy. I think delivery day is going to be a huge dose of reality for both of us.

Omg I battle clothes too, one thing I do is set up dates that clothes rotate. For instance as of Oct 1st no more sandals or shorts/capris. Nov 1st no more short sleeve shirts and we bring out sweaters and tights must be worn with skirts. No clothing with snowflakes till there's snow on the ground. April brings back short sleeve shirts and tights become optional. May brings shorts capris and sandals.
    It may sound strange but i've done it since dd1 was 2 or 3 so it's just common place and hey don't argue.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3P1B I get why you're still in disbelief too Heck even if this was a boy I'd be right there thinking NO WAY it was real. You do need to get DH the coffee mug with the potty shot on it, LOL ... I remember that being mentioned forever ago. Delivery day is going to be just magic for you all; I can't wait to hear all about it. Are you having a shower before he arrives (HE!!!) or will you wait until after? I'm sure your friends are excited and wanting to celebrate with you.

Good idea on the clothes rules! It's hard here because seriously, it'll be 65 today but 90 next week. So I can't really put away shorts (or even swimwear, LOL) until maybe January, and even then ... who knows. DD1 outgrew it around 3, she was still picky but we didn't run into the inappropriate category, so I'm thinking DD2 is going to get out of this phase soon. Today I let her wear the swimsuit but she had to wear it under pants and a long sleeve shirt. Total PITA to change a diaper though!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spicy, i'm struggling with girl name too & i dont know if it's because i just never thought i'd have 3 girls. I've looked on the internet but nothing, hope we find something before baby arrives.

B, i too was ok with picture of 2 girls but 3's a crowd! I'll have to get used to the idea some day

3P1B, i bet you'll only believe it when you see his goods, sweet.

I went to pick DD2 from nursery yesterday & one of nursery teachers who's also preg couldnt wait to tell me she's having a boy & then kinda looked at my face like "so are you jealous" because she knew i wanted a boy. I was happy for her but didnt appreciate the way she ran for me as soon as i got in

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baby that's pretty rotten of that lady! Good for you though for being happy for her. I agree; it seems there are baby boys and boy pregnancies every where I turn around. But like you, I'm not envious of other people and I can be happy for them in spite of my own disappointment. And the fact is (and I know you all get this) it isn't like I would change any of my girls, even this one I haven't met yet, because I know I'll adore her too. I just ALSO want a boy.

Another reason I'm really glad we aren't "finding out" is I have zero desire to buy baby girl clothes again. I'm perfectly happy buying an all-white layette. At least that's something different for me.

We've had one girls name we considered for both DD1 and DD2 but didn't use, so we just decided we'll use that this time. Neither of us really want to spend loads of time with it. It's not super exciting to pick out your 3rd same-gender name, or buy your next same-gender layette, plan yet another girls birth announcement ... long run I am excited to see her personality and her interact with her sisters, but the baby preparation phase is decidedly less exciting for me knowing it'll be another girl.

Oh well. I know we all have perspective enough to realize these are nice "problems" to have. With so much sad news on the board yesterday (the pregnancy October chat thread) I am well aware how blessed I am to have a healthy nugget nestled in here. Really looking forward to the scan I have on Monday.

Baby is DD2 excited to have a sister? I think your DD1 is a bit older, or am I wrong?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B- my dad and his adorable girlfriend are throwing us a shower next month. My dad lives in Arizona and his girlfriend in California and since they are coming out for dd2's birthday and then won't be back till Feb so it's really the best time.

The clothing rules are based on our climate and they took me a few years to get right. There is always an optional mommy override in place because we often have late falls and early springs.

Baby- awe that's just mean for her to rush you like that. Sorry Hun yeah I really think I'm going to need to actually see the goods to believe. I still feel like we are just pretending.

Page 42 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast