Thread: travel toys

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

travel toys

Does anyone have any favorite toys to occupy their children on airplanes? My daughter is 3 and my son is 5. We will be bringing our portable DVD player and I'm looking at some reusable sticker books. Any other suggestions?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dry erase boards are great! My girls also love little cars to run around on the seats and the tray tables. I usually pack each (they are 2 and 6) girl a brand-new box of crayons/markers, new stickers and a fresh notepad. And I make a run to the dollar store; there's always RANDOM cheap toys, and really at their ages novelty is all that matters ... they might have a plastic dinosaur at home already but if I pull one out on the plane that they've never seen before, it's good for at least 30 minutes of activity! Oh and they also get special treats like candy or lollies for snacks

They also love playing the question game; we all take turns asking questions like "If you had to eat one food, and only that food, every day for a month what would it be?" or "If you were a dinosaur which one would you be and why?" or "Would you rather have roller skates for feet or crayons for fingers?" Just silly stuff like that keeps them more occupied than our DVD player.

Great question though; we're starting to plan summer trips so I'll like seeing other people reply with ideas too!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Were back from vacation and I thought I would update what worked for us. My kids loved these mini twistable wooden blocks on an elastic string. They are called wooden puzzle fidgets. The 3 and 5 year old played with them for over an hour on the plane. My daughter loved her Pinkalicious sticker book and my son enjoyed a Harry Potter sticker book. I also brought clay which was not a big hit. Of course the treat bag full of junk food was a hit too.