Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a non answer really but good news. She is improving on her own so they don't want to operate yet but she has not improved enough to rule out the operation. So we are going back in november and they will x-ray her pelvis again and if she has improved again on her own then they will continue to monitor her and if not then they will operate in Jan so we are going to continue on with our plans to TTC in oct and that way I won't be too big if my family history of looking sideways at a man without contraception and you end up pregnant continues for me, and if she is still improving on her own at that point there is no reason for me to think why she wouldn't still continue to improve herself. I have a large supportive family who will be there to help too if I need it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and PT headed your way!

I always like it when docs take a wait and see approach on stuff like that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs P.
    That is cool that your dr. wants to wait too. You never know what could happen and even if she does need the surgery things will be okay. I have really found in my life that when I am actually in the middle of the thing I spent a lot of time worrying about, it was never as been as my worries

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes it is great that they will wait but time is on their side on this one, as it doesn't affect her development in any way. It just puts more wear and tear on the joints so much so that I have a cousin with the same thing and she got arthritis at 18 and DH's cousin who is only 31 had to have a hip replacement operation last year. A collegue of mine also had the op that DD may need and she had it done when she was 12. So there is no rush and at least I will know that DD is getting every oportunity to let her hips develop naturally and if she still needs the op I will know that she definately needs it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not swaying blue but when I got pg with both my boys I ate obscene amounts of edamame (soybeans) daily, loved morningstar farms products can't remember what kind, want to say some sort of black bean/mexican type burger thing, their fake chicken patties. Also ate loads of cheez its/goldfish (surprisingly goldfish have good amt protein). Cheesey salty crackers were my fave back then. Not sure if these are boy friendly but they are vegetarian, and the Morningstar Farms are indeed loaded with sodium.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroughWithBlue View Post
    I'm not swaying blue but when I got pg with both my boys I ate obscene amounts of edamame (soybeans) daily, loved morningstar farms products can't remember what kind, want to say some sort of black bean/mexican type burger thing, their fake chicken patties. Also ate loads of cheez its/goldfish (surprisingly goldfish have good amt protein). Cheesey salty crackers were my fave back then. Not sure if these are boy friendly but they are vegetarian, and the Morningstar Farms are indeed loaded with sodium.
    The Spicy Black Bean burgers! I love those and the chix patties. I used to eat them a lot more too before DS. They are soy though so I don't plan to have them. I think they maybe helped though with DS because like you said the sodium and protein.

Now I am just trying to make my own (rice, beans, oatmeal, seasonings) or use Quorn products which aren't soy.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    yes it is great that they will wait but time is on their side on this one, as it doesn't affect her development in any way. It just puts more wear and tear on the joints so much so that I have a cousin with the same thing and she got arthritis at 18 and DH's cousin who is only 31 had to have a hip replacement operation last year. A collegue of mine also had the op that DD may need and she had it done when she was 12. So there is no rush and at least I will know that DD is getting every oportunity to let her hips develop naturally and if she still needs the op I will know that she definately needs it.
    Is this a genetic condition at all? That's a good point that the hips will have longer to develop naturally, seems the best course

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be genetic but they do not think so in my case as it is not in either my family or DH's family ( between the two families that is 12 girls) have it only 2 cousins 1 from each side out of 45 cousins. The other causes are breach position which was not the case here and lack of space in the uterus (most likely) it affects 1 in every 600 babies and is way more common in first born girls.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that's crazy, wonder what all those things could have in common and why first born girls i wonder.
    well, that is great not genetic so no passing on, i have most likely have a gene mutation that iam passing on and def. plan to make my kids check things out when they get older

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    It can be genetic but they do not think so in my case as it is not in either my family or DH's family ( between the two families that is 12 girls) have it only 2 cousins 1 from each side out of 45 cousins. The other causes are breach position which was not the case here and lack of space in the uterus (most likely) it affects 1 in every 600 babies and is way more common in first born girls.
    That's fascinating, thanks for sharing that!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast