Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flava I really appreciate you; you've put a lot into this thread! That pork chop recipe is going into my rotation for next week. Anything with bacon is always a hit in our house :-) Thank you so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flava you say you don't know how to do the boy meals but then you make PERFECT ones! You are the master!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    begonia thank you ! I try to help what I can so I hope some1 will cook some of this food. Tell me if you liked it or not.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Flava you say you don't know how to do the boy meals but then you make PERFECT ones! You are the master!
    Thanks , but it's not like that. I can think of cooking something, yes but it's just 1 meal on the day! The hard thing is for me what to eat all day long and what would be the best together so I have it all covered. I just can't come up with good ideas.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    baby back ribs -oven roasted

I made this for last night dinner. All this dinner food can be made for munch. That's how I grow up we cooked for lunch and dinner was something small , light or so. Now it's summer break so I try to cook for lunch because all the kids are home.

Anyway, you need: ribs ,salt, pepper,ground cumin, onion and garlic powder, sweet red paprika powder
    1 onion and 3-4 garlic clove , chicken stock or water.

So preheat oven to 390F, clean the ribs and cut it in small pieces sprinkle it on both site with salt, pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powder paprika last. Place it in ceramic or glass baking pan and put a little water or chicken stock under it.
    Cut the onion in 4 and garlic in half and put it around the meat. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and put it in the oven for like 70 min. Check on it like 2-3 times if you need more water add some but only a little!
    After 70 min. take of the foil and baked it for like another 30 min. so it got a nice color to it. ( open the oven sometimes and add the water/stock on top of the rib so it will not be all dry or burned)
    Check it with a fork when is done it's very soft and bone almost fall out.

I made this with red skin smashed potato and some frozen veggie i had , but also good with salad or other veggies.

Easy to make just take some time to cook it so plan ahead.Hope you all like

+1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heres a family favorite... full of calories and salt!

Chicken Panang - cals super high and sodium OMG!

Sauce:
    3 - 14oz can of Coconut Milk (must be cans and not the low fat ones) (over 2,500 cals)
    2cp - of chicken broth (water can be used to or whole milk or a veggie broth) (if you really want the extra cals use 2 more cans of coconut milk)
    1 - jar of of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (we do 1 jar but you can do 1/2 or 1/4 if your not used to spicy foods)
    Simmer only on low (2) heat until well blended, nothing above 4 boiling or high heat will seperate it.

In a large pot, turn temp to high, wait until hot.
    Add 2-3 TBSP of Olive Oil, 2 boneless-skinless chicken breast (cut to mouth size bits), add 1/2 teas of pepper, and 1 teas of dry basil. Cook at the high (8-9) temp for about 4 mins, stirring and watching the whole time, once all the pink is gone remove from heat until it has cooled a little about 15 mins.
    Cut 1 large onion and 2 red or green peppers into strips, add to the large pot with the chicken.
    Add the sauce mix to the large pot too and simmer on low/med (4) heat for 15-20 mins, stirring about every 5 mins.

At this time add about 2-3 cps of frozen greenbeans, continue cooking until greenbeans are cooked. (fresh take longer so they can be added earlier and canned just don't work as well with Thai food)
    Once finished and the heat is turned off add 1 TBSP of fish sauce (like 1,400mg of sodium), anymore and it will be to salty, if you didn't use a salty broth then you can add a little extra fish sauce but "taste" after it is stirred in.

Some recipes call for carrots, lime, or mint leaves but I have never tried it.

Steamed rice is normally used but we have tried it on pasta and potatoes all very good. We make a double batch and freeze for nights we don't want to cook, worked prefectly when DS2 was born and hubby had to cook dinner.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; June 4th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love all these recipes. You have gone to so much effort to put them all on here. They are great!
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flava looks like good ribs, I will have to try that later this year.... Have you tried slow cooking in the oven. We like to leave the ribs whole with homemade BBQ sauce (1cup ketchup, 1/4 dijon mustard, 1/2 of brown sugar, and 1tbsp garlic powder), wrap the ribs in foil but we cook it at 250 for 4hrs and then put them on the grill (very low setting) for about 10-20 mins until the outside is nicely carmelized. I miss my grill it is so lonely in the yard just stiring at me
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you guys think about the Diet V8 Splash? I love that stuff; and we used it instead of pineapple or white grape juice (have you seen the sugar content in pineapple juice - yikes!) and it was awesome!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    purple: thanks for the recipes !
    Hope: I don't know about the diet splash sorry.
    +1

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast