Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Food intolerance test

This is a huge hit in my town, my sister done it and several of my friends.

You all probably heard about it, but here it is in a nut shell: it's a blood test that discovers what food your body is intolerant of. It's not the same as allergy. You can google more.

According to the site of the lab who do this test here, food intolerance may cause wide variety of health problems:
    Digestive problems (flatulence, colic, diarrhea, vomiting, acidic reflux,...)
    Dermatological ( acne, rash, eczema, itchiness,...)
    Respiratory ( asthma, stuffy nose, infections...)
    Neurological ( migraines, headaches, vertigo,...)
    Psychological (nervousness, depression, lethargy, lack of concentration, panic attacks, sleeping disorders,...)
    Pain in muscles and joints and also may be the cause of reduction diets failure.

You get the list of 250 items you are advised or not to eat, divided in categories ( fruit, veggies, meat, dairy,fish, teas,...)

Most of the people do it to help them to lose weight or to have more energy.

And finally my question
    Anyone done it yet? Do you guys think it might be a useful thing for blue sway? Maybe in order t have more energy, which would be nice in my case?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't heard of it, I'll have to google. Not sure if it would be good or not. I guess it depends on what foods it comes back with that are not good for you. Almost reminds me of the Indian Ayurveda stuff

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    I guess it depends on what foods it comes back with that are not good for you.
    I was thinking it would be good to get my body in an optimal health condition, regardless of allowed food? I'm not sure tho
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ~personally~ think some of these things are a little bit gimmicky but of course it is very possible to have sensitivities to things like dairy, grain, or nightshade plants. Is this something that is done by a doctor or is it someone selling a product like a diet plan or supplements??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and just to share my experience, I was lactose intolerant with my last two boys and still had them even though I kept eating a lot of dairy foods and only got my girl after cutting out most dairy, and my friend found out she was gluten intolerant and conceived a girl after having conceived 4 boys after she cut out gluten, so it seems to me like at least for us, eating foods we were intolerant to didn't keep us from getting boys, and cutting out the foods we were sensitive to didn't keep us from getting girls.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son is allergic to corn...
    If I wouldn't have seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it, but there is a DEFINITE difference in him when we limit his intake of corn and corn products.
    He's also allergic to peanuts and treenuts, but with those, he will go into anaphylaxis...with the corn, he gets the respiratory symptoms of allergies, his eczema flairs and his personality changes - his eyes become almost glassy, lethargic, difficulty concentrating or focusing and sometimes VERY irritable.
    When we found out he was allergic, we stopped all corn (which was almost IMPOSSIBLE) and the change was so noticeable that my parents and in-laws wanted to know what I had done with my son. lol.
    Every evening my parents would come to my house to visit...right before the boys would go up to bed they would kiss my parents and go upstairs...each of the boys, except my middle son. He always angrily stomped up the stairs and wouldn't kiss anybody. And the 3rd night after we stopped the corn...he kissed everybody and was sweet as pie. My mom turned to me and said, "This is NOT the same child."
    Unfortunately, stopping corn intake really IS almost impossible...it's in EVERYTHING...corn flour, corn syrup, corn disguised as other names like fructose or maize, etc. AND with his nut allergies, we hate to limit EVERYTHING he gets, so we do our best, but try not to make his life miserable.

Having said all that, I don't really see what or how it would all relate to swaying. And I do agree with Atomic, I've seen several things out there that were pretty much just gimmicks. My son was tested by a pediatric allergist.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Is this something that is done by a doctor or is it someone selling a product like a diet plan or supplements??
    It's done in the laboratories, you have to go to one, lab tech takes blood sample and I guess the results are interpreted by biochemist. It's pricey
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BeadinMom thats fascinating about the corn!! I would love to have these sorts of tests done as I'm sure that alot of behaviour problems are linked to food. I know after Ive had a white bread and sugar binge I become really angry and miserable about an hour later. I wouldn't know how to go about it in the UK though??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    I wouldn't know how to go about it in the UK though??
    Here is what I've found for you: Food Intolerance Testing UK - Home and Food Intolerance Testing, Allergy Tests & Food Sensitivity Testing | YorkTest

I'm still not sure whether to do it or not. Being a Libra is quite tiring
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Here is what I've found for you: Food Intolerance Testing UK - Home and Food Intolerance Testing, Allergy Tests & Food Sensitivity Testing | YorkTest

I'm still not sure whether to do it or not. Being a Libra is quite tiring
    Thankyou ZB xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast