Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Help! ttct boys!!

Hi, all! Am new here and needing some advice. After some rather obsessive research, I am finding that many of the things to up my odds of twinning also up my odds of girls. I have nothing against girls! And if I'm blessed with yet another one, I will love her just as dearly as the other two! But the hubs and I would really like another boy...I would like twin boys. He isn't quite so sure of that arrangement, but he'll deal.

So! Here is what my protocol (I think) will be...I'm only on CD10, and am waiting to the next cycle to start the actual supplements. I have been taking my prenatals, baby aspirin (81 mg), and 3200 mgs of Folic Acid daily for the last week.

Soy isoflavones – 200 mg/(will Take on CD 1-5, 2-6, or 3-7)
    Evening Primrose Oil – 500 mgs/day (CD1 - O)
    Fish Oil – 500-1000 mgs/day (when to start?)
    Robitussin – 1-2 tsp. 4-6 hours prior to sex
    Tribulose – haven't decided on this? Seems to be controversial??
    Red raspberry leaf – (2) 480 mg/day
    Royal Jelly - 4500 mg CD1 – O
    Licorice Root – keep seeing this as a pink sway...but wouldn't it only sway pink if the hubs takes it? If I take it, and increase my estrogen, aren't I upping my odds of twins? (but not twin girls...I don't know if the hubs and I could handle that many girls in here!!)
    Potassium – 99 mg/day

Alrighty! I welcome any and all feedback, ideas, suggestions, etc. etc. Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should see if you can "ease in" to the baby aspirin, and at most take it every other day as it can cause severe bruising and internal bleeding. I know this from experience, I had the most ridiculous bruises on my arms and legs, I had to drop it completely.

I did the soy iso's for a few cycles last year, and they really messed me up. They have worked for others though.

See if you can stop the EPO a day or two before expected O. It has been known to delay O.

Tribulus is also a bit of an unknown, but to be honest I was taking it when I got my boy back in 2010. GL to you!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Anchor!!!!! I will lay off the baby aspirin for a couple days, then maybe start it back up and do an every other day dosage. BTW, your avatar is absolutely precious...he must be the little angel from 2010?! Again, thank you!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First things first, already wrote this in your other thread you posted it in but just wanted to say that NO ONE who is TTC or thinking about it shoudl be on Licorice Root. It's been shown to cause developmental delays in babies and no one knows how long it takes to stop affecting you.

NO LICORICE ROOT FOR DW!!!!! It's not a swaying thing, it's a safety thing.

1)Why are you taking baby aspirin?? We use tht for pink sways and I would not advise you to include it, that coupled with the EPO and fish oil will really make you have very thin blood and increase risks of bleeding issues (which can be fatal) Baby aspirin should never be more than 5 days a week unless you have MTHFR or other clotting disorders.

2)Cal-mag is open for very great debate about how it sways. Personally, I believe it sways blue and there are essays on why that is on here scientifically (in a bit of a rush but it's in the link in my signature below, baby napping and i need to shower before she wakes up). I got what was possibly twin boys (one was for sure a boy and the other passed away) while doing an IG pink sway taking tons of cal and mag and I know this has happened to 3 other people too - got twin boys on IG pink sways. And full fat dairy is shown to be one of the better ways to up odds of twins so I hate to see you not including that. The full fat dairy is better for twinning than most eveyrthing else you mention

3)Agree with soy, EPO, and fish oil but be sure you keep the fish oil equal to or better yet higher than the amoutn of EPO. I would NOT recommend doing baby aspirin with these and would prefer if you weaned off aspirin before starting them.

4)Robitussin should be begun at least 5 days before ovulation, not day of O only

5)Don't do tribulous, there's a post explaining why in the link in my signature under "tribulous"

6) RRLT if you want to include that

7)Royal jelly, I am not a fan of that. All it is is megadose B-vitamins plus some protein and fat you will be getting from diet anyway, and people have died from taking it and others have had their cycles messed up badly from it. Take a prenatal vitamin or other good multivitamin with 100% B's in it and you do not need this.

8)that amount of potassium supp is fine, no more than 1 per day tho
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I should add that TT was a part of my blue sway as it was all the noise over on IG. I actually swayed Trivers Willard style, and got my boy. The latest evidence shows that it might actually sway pink.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, thank you so incredibly much! I've D/C the baby aspirin...as to why I was taking it, I thought it helped with implantation...but there is so much info out there, and hard to know what's reliable and what's not! Just like with the Licorice Root (which has since been returned to the herbalist, by the way)...the girls' pediatrician actually recommended that!! Am sending him an email in the morning, with a link to a study that correlated LR and miscarriage. I've been taking OPK's about every other day...will start daily today or tomorrow, as I'm due to ovulate around the 14th. Have never had any trouble with the O, but now that we're on our last go-around, I really, really want to time it correctly for a boy! I'm also skipping the Royal Jelly...even though I haven't started the EPO, RRL, or Soy, I'm already downing a ton of pills. Just need to start the green tea regime and I think I'll be set...thanks again, so very much, for all your help and information!!! Really, really appreciate it!!!!