Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I would add how I got my boys without realising - DTD every 2 or 3 days after AF, definately conceived on O or day before, had a full diet lots of red meat, tuna steak, bacon butties at wknd, sauces (ketchup on everything!), drank coke zero red wine, chocolate, tomato based sauces e.g spag bol, take aways (salty pizzas etc), never ever had yoghurt or drank milk, breakfast (cereal) everyday, lots of veggies and fruit too. DH big fan of the gym weights in particular. I am a stresshead and control freak, like to keep my house in order! DTD deep, hips raised after. We both have a diet coke or coke zero every evening (perhaps DH drinking it gave the Y sperm a boost as have heard this). No plants in the house, I'm a horrow at not opening windows enough, lots of laptop use (lots of positive ions). Took pregnacare and DH took wellman prior to ttc.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jsut for the record, I do not believe that Coke Zero does anything positive at all for Y sperm and may even sway pink due to the fake sugar in it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't know how I got all my boys, or basically I haven't figured it out yet lol
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I conceived both my boys I was the healthiest I have ever been, eating loads of fruit and veg. Dtd every second day and over O using preseed, hips propped and diva cup. Used warming pad on uterus area for 1 hour day. Soy supplement. Dh was taking pycognecol (sp?) and fertility supplement. Also Royal Jelly and Beepollen supp. If I think of anything else I'll come back and edit, it's hard to remember that far back!
    Good luck to you all
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neither of my sons were planned, but I will try to remember as much as possible. The times I conceived seem to be kind of half girl friendly, half boy friendly.

DS 1:

age 19, was a server and bartender. Worked 15 hour days on my feet all day. I didn't sleep a lot.

My husband worked long days, too, and didn't eat very often. He drank alcohol probably twice a week. His body temperature tends to be hot all the time. At that time, he wore cotton boxers.

I was taking diet pills with ephedra (when it was still legal) and nothing else, not even a MVI. I lost about 15 lbs prior to getting pregnant.

I ate maybe once a day. That meal usually didn't have a lot of sugar in it. It was usually a balance of carbs and protein with vegetables.

I drank only water, never alcohol, soft drinks, coffee drinks, etc.

We had a lot of sex. I didn't know about ovulation or anything so I don't know when my son was conceived. I just kept track of my periods. We did not use any birth control because for some reason, I thought I wouldn't conceive (stupid girl! ). I know that doesn't help for timing, but we had a lot of sex all month so I'm not sure it mattered.

We also did a lot of different positions. There was no jumping nor dumping, but usually got up to pee within 20 minutes because I was prone to UTIs.

If it helps, I always said when I was younger that I wanted my first baby to be a boy.

DS 2:

We had just returned from my husband's home country after a very stressful immigration process. We had successfully been doing a combination of barrier methods and rhythm methods for a long time.

However, I guess we were in a celebratory mood and had sex 4 times in one day. We had a quickie the next day after that. I knew I was fertile based on the CM, so I'm pretty sure that day I conceived was the day before or the day of ovulation. We did different positions each time. I jumped and dumped each time. Prior to this, we hadn't had sex in about 2 weeks.

Diet wise, I had just lost about 7 lbs because the water in DH's home country didn't treat me very well. I was very low carb at the time and didn't eat much, but when I ate, it was once a day and I usually had an apple with peanut butter and some sort of protein, usually eggs, beans, and chicken.

I was taking a MVI and calcium. Again, drinking only water.

DH had GAINED weight, wore boxer briefs, and was taking a MVI and calcium.

His diet kind of sucked, but wasn't filled with too much junk food expect for a lot of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. He ate a lot of carbs, all whole wheat. He had caffeine once in a while, but it wasn't daily. Maybe once a week and it was usually a diet soft drink.

When I found out I was pregnant this time, I just wanted a healthy baby. The gender truly didn't matter. My husband wanted a daughter.

If I remember anything else, I will be sure to share. If it helps, I was not very symptomatic with PCOS at the time of either of my sons conceptions. It wasn't until after I had the second one that PCOS really affected my life with obvious symptoms.

ETA With DS2 I was taking Benadryl 50mg every night for months and the 2WW.
    Last edited by fresas; September 3rd, 2011 at 07:06 AM.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by indigoviolet View Post
    When I conceived both my boys I was the healthiest I have ever been, eating loads of fruit and veg. Dtd every second day and over O using preseed, hips propped and diva cup. Used warming pad on uterus area for 1 hour day. Soy supplement. Dh was taking pycognecol (sp?) and fertility supplement. Also Royal Jelly and Beepollen supp. If I think of anything else I'll come back and edit, it's hard to remember that far back!
    Good luck to you all
    YAY, loved reading this, because it's exactly what I did bd-wise and most of it, actually, except that I've gained weight eating a bunch of healthy foods and keeping my blood sugar level all day.

Thank you, ladies, for posting your stories!!!! We wish you all of our pink dust in appreciation.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Lola, hope it works for you to bring you blue! FX
    It took me about 15 (or was it 17 months?) to conceive ds2 so I was being as baby friendly as I could be, I'd dropped everything from my pink sway. Are you taking royal jelly? DH was also taking pycnogenol (sp? makes swimmers better and very alkaline I think)
    2007 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by indigoviolet View Post
    Good luck Lola, hope it works for you to bring you blue! FX
    It took me about 15 (or was it 17 months?) to conceive ds2 so I was being as baby friendly as I could be, I'd dropped everything from my pink sway. Are you taking royal jelly? DH was also taking pycnogenol (sp? makes swimmers better and very alkaline I think)
    Yes, it's been a while.....I am pretty much just fertility-friendly now. I am not currently taking RJ, as I just ran out a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten more, but I take Spirulina and Maca and wheatgrass- all 3 good fertility superfoods, from what I've read. My DH and I both take a super expensive multi-antioxidant that has pynogenol and a bunch of other stuff in it. He just did an SA on Monday just to be sure nothing is wrong with his guys down there. It's been frustrating because I got pg in a heartbeat with my girls. Thanks again for the advice!!!! I love reading all of the stories here. I hope we girl moms are as helpful in the pink momma thread.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love reading everyones stories - thankyou!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola- that sounds really healthy, wow. It will happen for you soon I'm sure and no doubt be a boy with all that super boy friendly stuff. I also used a warming pad for an hour or so a day to help with circulation in uterus area and build up the lining. Think that is just fertility friendly rather than specific for boy. FX you catch that egg soon, good luck this cycle.
    2007 2010 2012

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast