Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris217 View Post
    Thank you
    Well it will be fresh samples, he'll come to the hotel and do his deed and just hand us the sample. He'll then leave and we'll do our part.
    I was wondering about the sperm levels too, i just thought even if it wasn't really high there would still be enough in there to get pregnant but i'm not sure how that works...
    Maybe it would be better to do it even night, that way it has about 24 hours to build back up again. The sperm level isn't my main worry, it's catching the egg!
    I'd hate to go down to Sydney, paying for accommodation etc and organising a babysitter then missing the egg and having to plan it again for the next month. It would be soooo much easier if i had a male partner living with me! lol
    I agree, I think that catching the egg is much more important for you guys than worrying too much over sperm count. As long as he is not "helping himself" every day before you guys arrive, his count should be ok for what you have in mind. Make sure he gives it a rest for 3 or 4 days prior to your arrival.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I agree, I think that catching the egg is much more important for you guys than worrying too much over sperm count. As long as he is not "helping himself" every day before you guys arrive, his count should be ok for what you have in mind. Make sure he gives it a rest for 3 or 4 days prior to your arrival.
    Ok i will ask him to do that for me, he has said let him know of anything he needs to do to help out so this shouldn't be a problem.
    My ovulation is usually pretty regular but i've got 2 different types of test and one says yes one says no.....so confusing when that happens!!!
    I will do as suggested and start tracking early, once i see the faint lines i will know to get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Wow that's exciting news! KFX for you all!

I think your plan sounds just right, although I would be looking for the fade in (sometimes you get faint positives for a couple days before you get a really positive on an OPK) to make my plans. I think you're on the right track with the "night of, next morning, next night" plan, I'm afraid three days after an OPK will be too late and the egg will be dead or you run the risk of an O+12 timing.

If you can, try to convince him not to "relieve himself" for at least two days prior to your attempt to keep his sperm count high. It shouldn't be a problem to DTD three times in a row (can potentially lower sperm count) as long as he is not releasing frequently beforehand. For best numbers he should release every 3-4 days, no more and no less.

I would for sure take Robitussin around O http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...N-TO-TTC-A-BOY and female O before every insemination if that is feasible. This is particularly true if you go with Clomid because that can make your mucus hostile and sways pink because of that. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...hp?1191-Clomid

If you cannot get Clomid, soy isoflavones may be used in place of Clomid and may help you to better pinpoint O. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-girl-or-a-boy!

Ok so night morning night, i will have to see if he can make a visit before work...well if it's during the week. I won't be taking Clomid yet, if i don't get pregnant after a few months then i might try it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning on emailing my donor and requesting a few things. I don't want to force anything onto him but he has offered to do anything i need and he'd also like a boy so i thought i'd ask you ladies what things i can ask of him that will help the situation. Nothing too complicated, just little things that might help.
    So if you can add your thoughts that will be great!

Thanks,
    Kristy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that sounds like a great plan! Best to get it all aired out before attempt! He sounds lovely, is he going to have a part of the babys life too?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    I think that sounds like a great plan! Best to get it all aired out before attempt! He sounds lovely, is he going to have a part of the babys life too?
    Yep he'll be apart of the baby's life, i don't think it would work very well if i cut him out and the child was constantly asking me who he is and i tell them i didn't know.
    He is a lovely guy, very sweet and a great role model so we're happy with him.
    I think i've read no tight underwear for the man and to not ejaculate for about 3 days before.....is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so wonderful this baby is going to be so well loved!!!

Does he have any other children?
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    That is so wonderful this baby is going to be so well loved!!!

Does he have any other children?
    Nope, will be his first baby too. He is a gay man so he doesn't have that many options to be a parent. Being gay doesn't mean you don't have the same desire for children which can be frustrating. So all in all, he'll be helping us out and we'll be helping him

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This may help http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ng+sperm+count All the little tidbits on boosting sperm numbers in one place.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so happy for you guys!
    Fathers Day baby!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast