Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing it just right....

Well next month i will be trying to get pregnant,(for a boy) i am in a same sex relationship and our donor is in Sydney so 2 hours from my house. We'll be staying near him as he works long hours and doesn't drive so asking him to come to us is a bit much.

Anyway, it's impossible to plan it this way. I have to wait to see if AF is on time then if my ovulation is on time too so it's going to be one of those day by day things which isn't useful when you need to book a hotel, arrange a babysitter and dog sitter!

So we were thinking of heading to Sydney the day i get my positive test to do an insemination that night. We are planning on doing it for about 3 nights...does this plan sound good? Or would night insemination then next morning then that night work better?

I know our situations are quite different but in the end it's still making a baby so your opinions and advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kristy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also curious to know if anyone has bought Clomid online from overseas? Just found out that was possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kris!! I hope it works well next month for you and your partner
    I do not know much about sperm donation but wanted to ask will he be giving you "samples/sperm" whatever you like to call it sorry if that came out offensive but ykwim.. in one day? How long does sperm live outside the body, can it be frozen or kept for x amount of time before having to transfer to your body?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just thinking about sperm levels/quality thats all if all 3 lots are from one day? Wonder if you can get say a sample few days before you plan to Ovulate and then a another sample day before or on day of O????
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    How long does sperm live outside the body, can it be frozen or kept for x amount of time before having to transfer to your body?
    I beleive that a sample can be kept alive until needed in a non spermacide condom if kept under your boob in your bra! I have only read about this so any other thoughts of extra info would be useful. I'm sure that some Ig ladies were going to attempt this as thier partners would be away at the ov date.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Hey Kris!! I hope it works well next month for you and your partner
    I do not know much about sperm donation but wanted to ask will he be giving you "samples/sperm" whatever you like to call it sorry if that came out offensive but ykwim.. in one day? How long does sperm live outside the body, can it be frozen or kept for x amount of time before having to transfer to your body?
    Thank you
    Well it will be fresh samples, he'll come to the hotel and do his deed and just hand us the sample. He'll then leave and we'll do our part.
    I was wondering about the sperm levels too, i just thought even if it wasn't really high there would still be enough in there to get pregnant but i'm not sure how that works...
    Maybe it would be better to do it even night, that way it has about 24 hours to build back up again. The sperm level isn't my main worry, it's catching the egg!
    I'd hate to go down to Sydney, paying for accommodation etc and organising a babysitter then missing the egg and having to plan it again for the next month. It would be soooo much easier if i had a male partner living with me! lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    I beleive that a sample can be kept alive until needed in a non spermacide condom if kept under your boob in your bra! I have only read about this so any other thoughts of extra info would be useful. I'm sure that some Ig ladies were going to attempt this as thier partners would be away at the ov date.
    Yep i read that too but seeing he's coming to our hotel we don't need to worry about that. btw what does IG stand for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IG is another site where many of us came over from In-Gender, its running really slow lately so we have migrated here .

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know for most IUIs done at a fertility clinic, they try to perfrom them when ovulation is imminent or just AFTER. Have you been charting your cycles? Can you pinpoint O? I think that is critical for how you are going to give this a go.

The good news is that lots of the swaying girls basically do this at home too when they attempt to sort sperm for a gender. So, you can get pregnant this way with good timing and proper handling of the sample. The sperm then needs to be kept body temp (in the arm pit) and in the dark until insertion.

It definitely might take several atttempts so I am glad you have that already in your plan. Anyway, good luck and I hope you catch that egg!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris217 View Post
    Well next month i will be trying to get pregnant,(for a boy) i am in a same sex relationship and our donor is in Sydney so 2 hours from my house. We'll be staying near him as he works long hours and doesn't drive so asking him to come to us is a bit much.

Anyway, it's impossible to plan it this way. I have to wait to see if AF is on time then if my ovulation is on time too so it's going to be one of those day by day things which isn't useful when you need to book a hotel, arrange a babysitter and dog sitter!

So we were thinking of heading to Sydney the day i get my positive test to do an insemination that night. We are planning on doing it for about 3 nights...does this plan sound good? Or would night insemination then next morning then that night work better?

I know our situations are quite different but in the end it's still making a baby so your opinions and advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kristy
    Wow that's exciting news! KFX for you all!

I think your plan sounds just right, although I would be looking for the fade in (sometimes you get faint positives for a couple days before you get a really positive on an OPK) to make my plans. I think you're on the right track with the "night of, next morning, next night" plan, I'm afraid three days after an OPK will be too late and the egg will be dead or you run the risk of an O+12 timing.

If you can, try to convince him not to "relieve himself" for at least two days prior to your attempt to keep his sperm count high. It shouldn't be a problem to DTD three times in a row (can potentially lower sperm count) as long as he is not releasing frequently beforehand. For best numbers he should release every 3-4 days, no more and no less.

I would for sure take Robitussin around O http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...N-TO-TTC-A-BOY and female O before every insemination if that is feasible. This is particularly true if you go with Clomid because that can make your mucus hostile and sways pink because of that. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...hp?1191-Clomid

If you cannot get Clomid, soy isoflavones may be used in place of Clomid and may help you to better pinpoint O. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-girl-or-a-boy!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast